TWO - ALLEGRETTO

SONG: BEETHOVEN'S PIANO SONATA NO

SONG: BEETHOVEN'S PIANO SONATA NO. 17 IN D MINOR, OP. 31, NO. 2, "THE TEMPEST"

( https://open.spotify.com/track/6G1V1TM0TeHfQzIQSEKCsH?si=NwQE9yEiRGiy_ksOczOtfA )

✰✰✰

Edie Montgomery rarely experienced hangovers. It was a running joke in her friend group; no matter how much she drank, how wasted she got, it just never happened. The last time she could remember getting so much as a headache from drinking was at Kate's 16th birthday party. She'd honestly forgotten what being hungover felt like.

And she wished she hadn't been reminded.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Edie's eyes shot open and she instinctively flailed her arms out to shut off her phone.

Her head was pounding. She felt like it was going to implode. Edie squinted her eyes at the blinding light. She finally got a hold of her phone and blindly shut it off, effectively cutting off the piercing alarm.

A groan escaped her lips as she tried to fully open her eyes. Disgruntled, Edie tried to pull herself up, but regretted it instantly as nausea seized her. 

Edie pushed through the blistering headache and jumped up, realizing she wasn't in her bed but on a couch in a very much destroyed living room. Her eyes widened as she realized she was still in Topper's house. The twisting nausea in her stomach only increased at the revelation.

She bolted for the nearest bathroom down the hallway and barely made it inside before emptying the contents of her stomach into the toilet. 

Every time she thought she was done, another wave of sickness came over her. It was never-ending. Edie's head was spinning now and her vision began to blur. Once she'd puked up all that she could, she collapsed against the side of the toilet. Sweat had gathered above her brow, but she couldn't be bothered to wipe it off.

Edie felt a weak slap against her thigh.

For a split second she felt guilty for giving her soulmate a hangover, but annoyance quickly replaced it. One hangover didn't even begin to amount to the many punches, kicks, and broken bones he'd put her through.

"Fuck off," she grumbled in response, as if he could hear her.

Her hand fell limp against her thigh in the spot that he'd slapped. Edie harshly dragged her finger nail across the skin, spelling out

K-A-R-M-A.

He didn't respond, and if Edie wasn't feeling like complete shit, she would've felt very smug.

The nausea seemed to have finally left her, but Edie's head was still pounding. Realization flooded her for the second time that morning and panic seized her. She was supposed to come back home last night, and she had no idea what time it was. The hungover teenager grabbed her phone and glanced at the time, followed by a text from Anna.