PROLOGUE

A/N: Hello, welcome! I just want to let you know in advance that the main character of this book is Nashi, but the plot will revolve around NaLu's story.

***

She was crying in silence, letting her tears pour down the ground. Her young heart was in pain. Her young body was full of bruises. And her young mind was in chaos as it was forced to mature early. She's hurting, she's experiencing hell at a young age.

Sometimes, she was asking herself why she needed to be alive. She wished she wasn't born at all.

“Stand up! Do you think you'll get your revenge if you're that weak?!”

Revenge. That's right. It was her only motivation to be alive. To get her vengeance.

Everyone around her was always talking about how her own father mistreated Lucy Heartfilia, and killed her after giving birth. How Fairy Tail planned on making her a slave once she grew up. For what reason? She didn't know. She didn't want to know. Maybe they were really just terrible people. All these years, these beliefs were planted in her vulnerable mind.

The guild she's with right now saved her. Her life wasn't ideal, indeed, as she was dealing with all kinds of pain ever since she opened her eyes, but she thought it's much better than to be in Fairy Tail...

“You have to be strong to kill Natsu Dragneel!”

Natsu Dragneel... All she knew about him was his name, nothing else. Same goes with her mother, Lucy. She didn't know anything about herself at all. She was like a lost soul with no identity, wandering in the middle of a darkness. Her pure heart was turning into a cold stone as day passed by…

“Y-Yes…” I'll be strong enough...to kill you...

She bit her lip to stop herself from crying. Her small hands clenched against the ground as she forced her body to stand up. The remaining light completely vanished from her brown eyes.

She shouldn't let this pain get in her way, because there was still a duty she had to fulfill: taking down Fairy Tail.

***

She stepped out of her room with her sword as she scanned the hallway, checking if there were guards wandering around. A blue ribbon on her tied pink spiky hair was following her movements.

She silently walked through the still dark place while enduring her aching body. It's only three in the morning and it became her habit since she started her training months ago—sneaking out of the castle to train herself without harsh words and insults being thrown at her whenever she failed to defend herself or attack with no strength.

Once she successfully exited the castle, she ran and entered the dark forest, ignoring the cold breeze seeping to her bone. She climbed up the hill and dusted her clothes off when she reached the peak. Breathing deeply, she watched the overlooking view before her eyes.

The palace could be seen from where she was standing, but the tallest tower caught her interest the most because their guild master had been forbidding her to come near it, saying there's a monster lurking inside. However, for some reason, she could feel its heavy emotion. It's like the tower had its own life, begging for someone to come.