Chapter 4: The Black Book

13 years ago
Year X793

“Hey, flamebrain!” Greige shouted and groaned in distress when the pink-haired girl recklessly rushed towards the Fire Dragon Slayer.

If she did anything wrong, it would affect the future—our original time! Idiot, Fairy Huntress!

“Huh?! Who are you calling flamebrain?!” Natsu Dragneel shouted back as he whipped his head to the kids’ direction, thinking that Greige's remark was for him, but his eyes widened when a fire sword swung in front of his face.

“Whoa, whoa!” He ducked and jumped away from the attacker. His eyes darted at the strange girl in front of him, panting heavily with tears on her cheeks and hostile in her familiar brown eyes.

“N-Natsu! What did you do?!” Lucy Heartfilia exclaimed, staring at her boyfriend with worry. Her eyes then landed on the girl.

“I didn't do anything—shit!”

She attacked him again, making his jaw drop when he witnessed how she formed another sword using her fire.

Fire-make magic? That's existing?!

He kept on dodging her attacks, but the girl had an unbelievable speed, strength, and flexibility that he was so surprised and taken aback he failed to follow some of her little movements. Natsu groaned when he tried to defend himself using his arm but ended up getting wounded.

“Waa! Natsu! I'll call for help!” Happy shouted and flew back to their guild. Natsu frowned.

Call for help? Did he think I couldn't handle this brat?!

“I'll kill you!” The furious girl thrusted her sword towards him. Natsu gasped, soon finding himself falling into a hole before the tip of the blade could reach him.

“Aw! My butt hurts, Lucy!”

“I made it just in time, Princess.” Virgo bowed politely, her face had no hint of expression.

“Thank you, Virgo!”

“Would you like to punish me?”

“You can go back to your world,” Lucy closed her gate. Her eyes narrowed into slit when she saw Natsu crawling out of the hole. “Natsu, stay there!”

Grumbling a small curse under her breath, Lucy ran towards him when the child swung her sword again, making Natsu's eyes widen as he yelled, “My head!”

To their relief, a woman in her armor appeared and clashed her own sword with the fire one, stopping it from killing their idiot Fire Dragon.

“What's happening here?” Erza Scarlet looked up and glared at the strange kid in front of her. The girl got rooted on her feet as she felt cold bullets of sweats rolling down to her chin. It's the Fairy Tail's Master. It's the first time I saw her in person...

“I'll explain it later, Erza! Please stop her first!” Lucy exclaimed.

Natsu sighed in relief, pulling himself up from the hole. “Hah, I thought I'd die there,” he whispered before he lifted his sharp gaze to the man laughing nearby.

“You look pathetic.” Gray Fullbuster smirked, crossing his arms over his bare chest. Natsu rolled his eyes.

“Shut up. I just don't fight back to a kid.”

“Eh? You've matured?”

He ignored Gray's taunting. He looked back at Erza who's now fighting the aggressive young girl. Gray, on the other hand, watched him in disbelief. Natsu really didn't care who he was fighting with as long as it's to test his strength. Obviously, the girl was much stronger than mages in her age. She moved with precision and technique as though she had gone through dangerous experiences already. The thought was concerning.