CHAPTER 25

----
Taehyung's POV

---

(A.N: Play the song above :>)

The cold evening gushed as light rain started falling from the sky. I stared up as I walked the sidewalk towards Jennie's dorm.

I couldn't sit still nor sleep well with the thought that she needs someone to listen to her. She had been always like this. Every time I stared at her eyes, no matter how beautiful they look, they held sadness in it.

I was worried for her well-being. It started when I met her eyes on the first day of school. Something within me awakened, I wanted to protect her from sadness.

I constantly teased her just to secretly check up on her. I tried if I can make her smile but it wasn't enough.

I love her too much to let her go, afraid.

I stared at the sidewalk ahead, not minding the drops of rain on my hoodie. I tucked my hands on my pockets and shivered as the wind grew harder.

My stomach started to churn as if something is going to happen today. I got worried and hurriedly walked.

As I'm nearing the dorm, I saw a figure standing outside.

The figure was hailing a cab and the hood fell off her head, a familiar brown locks blew from the wind revealing her face.

Jennie?

"Chanel-ssi!", I shouted as I ran up towards her. She whipped her head towards me, her eyes widen as I see tears streaming down her face.

My heart broke at the sight and pushed my legs faster to reach her. I saw her hand clenched the door and was about to go in, avoiding me.

I reached her on time and stopped her from going inside the cab by hugging her waist. Tears started falling from my eyes, my tears mixing with the rains.

"T-Taehyung, please let me go..", her voice broke as she reached my arms around her waist, trying to break them apart but I held on tighter afraid to let her go.

"N-No Chanel-ssi. Where are you going? Why do I have a feeling your..", I hugged her tighter as the word tighten on my vocal cords, not wanting to say it. My chest tighten as the word itself hurts.

"W-Why do I have a feeling you're leaving?", I felt Jennie froze and her body started to shake as I feel her low whimpers.

"I-I'm so sorry Taehyung-ssi but I really need to go--", I made her face me and shushed her lips with my fingers. I stared deeply to her eyes and her orbs are filled with hurt and sadness.

"Where are you going Jennie-ssi? Tell me.", I softly caressed her face as she lowered her gaze, staying quiet. I hugged her once again, inhaling her scent. 

I feel her slowly pushing me off but I held on tighter, "Let's just stay this way please.."

She slowly responded as I felt her hug me back, her tears on my hoodie. I held her tight since I don't want to let her go. I don't want her to face those negative thoughts alone. I just want her to know that I'm here.