Hiding

"Mitsumenaide."

[No, don't look at me.]

- Unravel, TK Ling Toshite Sigure

《————————————————————》

"Maybe I should explain this a bit more..." Akira sighs as the gamers look at her in surprise, or rather, in shock.

"What... Just happened?" For the next ten seconds, there was silence, until Dream asks the question.

"Oh, that? That happens almost all the time with hungry ghouls that can't help themselves. I, of course, am immortal as I have eaten the mermaid's flesh and didn't die from the poison, miraculously." Akira rises her bitten arm, which is now almost fully recovered, with just the fingers to regenerate, "That comes with regeneration of cuts to the loss of limbs. I really don't die, even if I have my head smashed, theoretically speaking."

There is silence.

"Wait, guys, I haven't actually tried that out, don't you dare think I'm that weird of a person." Akira looks at the gamers who, obviously, still have not recovered from such an event. The blood is there, a dead corpse is also there, and a girl who says that she's immortal is also there; the shock is understandable.

Akira sighs. She had tried to keep this in for some time now, and time is something that she doesn't have right now.

"Look. I did say the town is about to be in certain dangers of ghouls. I had been trying to focus on generating a plan that can allow little to no harm being done to both ghouls and the people in this town, but... There is has to be a loss at some point in time, either way. And, well, I don't want that."

"Ghouls are arriving here?" Sapnap asks.

"Well, yes, they are, but as you can see, I am capable of just killing all of them-"

"Wouldn't that be a good solution?" Sapnap asks again.

"No," it was both Dream and Akira who replied at the same time.

"You can go first." Dream gestures Akira to speak of her reasoning.

"Thanks." Akira gently claps her hands together; her ripped-off arm had successfully regenerated back, "Think about this: if you murder a group of humans, the humans who care for that dead group will come for revenge and slaughter a group of your kind. And you will hold grudges at them and we start a simple war just like that. More casualties, more trauma, more of the unwanted things in this world. I don't think, either way, that eliminating ghouls could help humanity in any way."

She gently breathes out, "The ghouls travelled in a group, meaning that they are working together, whether it is because of benefits or that they genuinely care for each other. It is not that I feel empathy or sympathy to the ghouls; it's just that the outcome will affect future generations of humans, and of course, I'll be here even though you all would have passed away. What I am saying here is that eliminating the people causing the problem is gonna cause more problems which makes the problem itself bigger and harder to solve. We want the solution to be beneficial for both sides, not hurting both sides."

"That was pretty much what I was going to say." Clay nods.

"So... How are we going to solve this, then?" George asks the question that Akira had been asking herself for the past 8 hours, even in her sleep.

"That's the problem here for me: I don't know how to solve it. The more you look at it, the more it's going to be someone getting hurt and possibly death. I just don't feel like any of my plans carry out straight."

"Could we... Help out in the plan?" Clay asks.
And this is the question that Akira fears.
She doesn't want anyone to get involved in dangerous work other than herself.
As long as her heart is beating, she will be alive. Even if all her limbs and head are ripped apart.

"I don't want you guys to get hurt." Or die.

"You've helped us. We can help you with some things, surely."

No. You can't. I can't risk you guys-

Akira can see their faces, their eyes. They want to help. Saving this town would be a great cause, too, even though they have to keep this a secret.
Then again, they have been keeping some secrets about identities, anyway.

"I- Fine. Dream, are you okay as bait?"

Sapnap, "..."

George, "..."

Bad, "..."

Dream, "What?"

Akira sighs like a disappointed adult facing children who can't do the simple addition of 1+1, "Okay, listen up, I cam up with this plan that I think would go better than the others, so here it is..."

There is no point in hiding such things.

Because, when the time comes, everything will dawn upon them.

It will only hurt them more than subside the pain.

》————————————————————《

Next Chapter will be coming out soon:

"Memories will be cleared; your hollowness will be relieved."

We are switching perspectives to the opposition.