Chapter 10- Lights Out

The tears won't stop falling. First Kat, now Jesse. Who's next? I can't help but feel like I have to do something. "Please, if it's not too late to save his life... I'll do anything, anything you want, just don't hurt him."

"Anything?"

I can only imagine what his dark twisted mind is thinking. I know it can't be good, but I would do anything to save Jesse. "Yes, anything! Is he still alive?"

"See for yourself!"

He sends a picture of Jesse in the hospital bed, gagged, and with a knife to his throat. "You have to promise me you won't hurt him."

"As long as you obey."

"Tell me what you want!"

"You will meet me behind the pub where I took Caitlin, at two AM! Come alone! If you don't show, or if someone is with you, I will blow this hospital to the ground. Understood?"

"Yes, I will be there."

Knowing that Jesse's alive, gives me courage. I wasn't able to save Kat, but I will save Jesse. No one else is going to die because of me.

Walking into the bathroom, I rinse my face with cool water. Looking at myself in the mirror, I take three deep breaths. Zack's face comes to mind. He had finally come back to me, and now I have to say goodbye.

Wanting to make the most of the time I have left. I leave the bathroom and walk out of the room in the direction towards the gym. Zack and I only have hours left to be together. I want to make every second count.

When I get to the gym, I see Zack on the bench press. Women are staring, and I can only imagine what they're thinking. I can't honestly blame them. His hot, sweaty body screams sex.

Knowing that this is possibly the end, New York doesn't seem so bad. I would give up the world if it meant spending more time with him. Not wanting to waste a second more I begin walking towards him.

Stepping behind him, I place my hands over his eyes. "Guess who?"

I feel his lips turn up in a smile. Without a word, he spins me around and lays me down on top of the bench press. The motion catches me off guard, but completely turns me on even more.

With no care who's watching, Zack brings his lips to mine. His kiss is so sensual, it takes my breath away. When he pulls away, I feel the warmth of his breath as he whispers in my ear.

"If we don't get out of here, I'm going to take you on this bench with no shame."

I want to tell him to take me here and now, but he grabs my hand and pulls me up before I can speak. Zack begins pulling me into the hall. As I follow behind, I notice how built he's gotten. Every muscle is more defined, and there's a confidence in his step that wasn't there before.

Pulling back on his hand, I apply some resistance. Zack turns around to see what's wrong, but I just bring his lips to mine. Hungrily, and passionately I kiss him. I kiss him with everything I have. I want him to feel how much I love him.

Zack seems to sense that something isn't right, and pulls back.

"It's so sexy how much you want me, but I can tell something's up. Did everything go alright with your phone call?"

Zack reaches up to touch my cheek. Closing my eyes to embrace his touch, I feel a single tear fall. I can't let him know anything. I have to keep him safe. Opening my eyes, I look into his beautiful brown eyes. "I've just missed you! Nothing's wrong, everything's right. I'm so glad we're back together!"

Throwing my arms around his neck, I pull him in close, and kiss him a slow passionate kiss. I savor his taste, his touch, and his smell. I should have embraced every minute with him. I took him for granted those four years, thinking he would always be there.