𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

-that friday-
-
-
*willows pov*
-
-

friday has come quicker then i imagined, and deciding strongly to blow off the event i chose to get drunk somewhere with two-bit downtown rather then make an absolute fool of myself walking solo at an awards show i wasn't planning on telling anyone about.

people were counting on me to be there, but that's the thing though; i don't like having tabs out on my life.

i don't like to be needed, that way you don't owe anyone a goddamn thing.

i drove the car dal had lent me over to two's house, picking him up just before the sun started to set from his backyard.

i rubbed my neck anxiously, honking the horn loud as he came tripping out of the house, obviously already drunk.

entering the passenger seat he started blabbing things i couldn't seem to understand, but putting the car in gear, he quickly passed out beside me. making me come to the realization that blowing off a night about me probably wasn't the best idea, i headed back towards home, yanked him out of the car and hopped up the steps of the house.

tossing two-bit harsh on the couch, i sat down beside him holding my head poised in my hands, kicking my feet back on to the coffee table.

i had to show up. tonight wasn't about me, it was about my team, and making a selfish rational decision to gather a spotlight onto my self for being absent wasn't something i necessarily wanted to do.

i'd kill myself for going, but at least i'd get a stupid fucking award before being dead. 

i slapped two on the face before heading upstairs to get changed.

janice-from the team-had rang the house phone as i made my way up the stairs wondering what in the hell to wear.

"i don't know jan, just a dress or something?" i reasoned, rolling my eyes on the other end of the line.

"yeah but like how fancy are we talking?" she asked m, causing me to shift on my feet.

"like a sundress or some shit." i explained, mentally scrolling through my closet to find something decent to wear that wouldn't draw much attention.

"i'm clueless, will!" she screamed through the phone, causing me to remove it from my left ear, dangling it into the air before putting it back against my face.

"just bring a few options to the ceremony and i'll pick them for you." i suggested as she thanked me loudly, hanging up the phone.

i sighed annoyed at the fact that she probably had about twenty dresses stacked in her wardrobe but bothered asking me, with two, my opinion on the topic.

quickly shrugging it off, i dialed two-bits mother on the phone asking if she could come to the event, ignoring the fact that her son, laying just feet from me, was too shit faced to even say hello.

she agreed to come, only if she could do my hair and makeup, and give me a bundle of flowers before we walked down the football field.

i reasoned that it wasn't my wedding she was escorting me to, but i imagined the sweet helpless smile that plastered on her face, and quickly shut up about the matter.

i raced upstairs to change as the doorbell from to the house rang, signaling that she had arrived.

we weren't to many houses apart, even driving was about a thirty second journey, tops.

i smiled to myself softly in the mirror, tucking a piece of hair behind my pierced ear, smoothing out my yellow gingham sun dress, walking down the stairs and greeting her at the door.