Stop, Drop, and Roll

Warning: This chapter contains people burning in fire. Which could be offensive and maybe not.

Chapa POV
It was night time. We were all spending the night at the man's nest to celebrate our team being together for a whole 5 months. Also there was a boulder avalanche that blocked the exits. Ray was cooking us dinner, mainly because we are really unprofessional with cooking. Me, Mika, Miles, and Bose were sitting in our sleeping bags waiting for dinner.

"Hey, Ray?" Mika asked.

"Yes? What do you want?" he replied.

"I just need to know why there's a flare, in your back pocket."

"I just like cooking with flares."

"But it's not safe!"

We all looked at each other, agreeing with Mika. For once. Since the flare was dangerous, I inched away from Ray. And since Bose was next to me, and everyone thought I liked him, I turned red quickly.

"Come on Chapa, you know you-" Mika said before Ray could cut her off.

"DINNER'S READY." he yelled. He passed us all some bowls of noodles.

"Hey, why do you love noodles so much?" I asked.

"He's mad that he lost a noodle competition against Schwoz so now he's trying to get better at making noodles." Mika replied. "Also,"

She ran towards Ray and took the flares. She threw them into the noodle water.

"Hey! That was the noodle water!" Ray complained.

"Well I'd rather have burnt noodle water than I don't know," she said. "HAVE THIS WHOLE PLACE BURNT DOWN." she sat down. We ate our noodles.

After dinner, we sat down on the man couch and were bored as could be.

"Hey, we should play a little game." I suggested.

"Anyone wanna play truth or dare?" Mika asked. Everyone sat up straight and got ready to play. "Okay I'll start."

"Chapa," she started. I might know where this is going. "Truth or dare."

"..Dare." I said. "Wait don't think you should-"

"Okay, I dare you to kiss your crush,"

"There it is."

But luckily I didn't have to worry about it. Ray ignited another flare, and was playing with it. He waved the flare around and something happened...

The fire spread to Bose's shirt. He was waving his arm around quickly trying to put out the fire, but it was just spreading.

"Ray, do you wanna maybe help? Him?" I asked. "Part of your floor is on fire as well."

"I mean, sure." Ray said. "Kid, why don't you, stop drop, and roll."

He dropped down to the floor and started rolling. The part of the floor where the fire was.

"BOSE NOT ON THE FIRE. WHEN WE TELL YOU STOP DROP AND ROLL, DON'T ROLL ON TOP OF THE FIRE!" I yelled. "MIKA CAN YOU COME OVER HERE AND HELP HIM?!"

"No can do, Ray's video is actually really interesting!" she said.

"I should pull him out of the fire." I said. I pulled Bose out of the fire. I looked at him. He wasn't breathing. "Ray?"

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Bose isn't breathing." I told him.

"Check his pulse."

"Okay," I put my fingers on his neck, and I checked for a pulse. "I think he's dead."

"And?"

"What do you want me to do with him?"

"Throw him out the window."

"You people are sick." I didn't care though. I threw him out the window.

A/N: and that's a wrap on chapter 1 of a.. very weird book. Bose died in a fire today, and tomorrow he will be assassinated due to jealousy. This is such a normal book.
Word count: 598