Why You Should Never Eat Fruit

A/N: Okay to be honest this seems like something that would happen in Odd Squad.. that math tv show on PBS kids about children solving odd problems.. one of the characters is obsessed with potatoes..
Edit: K if you haven't noticed- I'm changing more titles- and this one is supposed to reference Ray's line "This is why you should never eat fruit-" but Bose turns into a potato- this title's kinda weird-

Warning: Also this chapter contains cannibalism. In a way.

Bose POV
The Man's Nest

"Hey! Miles! Bose!" Ray said. "Can you guys organize the storage room?"

"What? Why us?" Miles asked.

"Because, I don't want to. And you guys are the only ones here."

"Well, okay." I said.

Miles POV
The Storage Room

"Alright. And this is-?" I asked.

"Looks like, a round thing with a bunch of things on it." Bose replied. He was leaning on the device, and I knew something was about to go wrong.

"Great. Another thing with things on it." I said. "Also, don't lean on that. You might tr-" the machine turned on. "What did I just say."

The machine blasts were glowing green, and it made him shake. I quickly tried turning it off. That didn't work. The machine already transformed him. Into a potato.

S.W.A.G.

I ran back to the school. "GUYS GUYS." I yelled. "BOSE TURNED INTO A POTATO." Everyone looked at me confusingly.

"Okay, I went swimming this morning and still have water in my ear," Chapa said. "But I'm pretty sure you just said, 'Bose turned into a potato.'"

"NO. YOU HEARD IT RIGHT. BOSE. TURNED INTO. A BROWN ROOT VEGETABLE MORE COMMONLY KNOWN AS THE POTATO."

"Okay, Bose turned into a potato. And?" Mika asked. I gestured angrily. "Yeah Miles? You're usually the calm one. How come you're suddenly gesturing angrily?"

"HE'S GOING TO DIE. HIS MOLECULAR STRUCTURE HAS BEEN REFORMED." I yelled.

"So?" Chapa asked.

"Fine, I'll go see what's happening." Mika said.

"THANK YOU." I said.

Mika POV
The Man's Nest

Why is Bose being a potato such a big deal? I mean, sure. He can't talk, or move, or see.. I think. Miles and I headed up to the man's nest. Ray was up there.

"RAY. STOP EATING THAT POTATO." Miles said. He stuffed the rest of the potato into his mouth. "Y-"

"Welp, he's dead." I said. "Again."

"What do you mean, 'again.'" Miles asked me.

Word count: 408