I Like Your Accent

Newt walked into the daycare saying goodbye to his mom. Children gather themselves around him, curious. 

"What's his name?" 

"He looks so pale."

"Zart, I can't see him."

"Where did he come from?"

"He's so sma-" 

Newt pushed his way out of the crowd, getting annoyed with all of the questions thrown at him. He sees a boy in the corner of the room - alone. The Asian boy looked at Newt, smiling. Newt walked over to him.

"Hi, I'm Newt." The Asian boy amazed by Newt's thick accent and squeaky voice.

"The name's Minho. You new here?" The other boy responded and Newt nodded back.

-RECESS-

"Newtie, come sit with me." Minho took Newt's hand leading him outside. Newt willingly followed, blushing slightly as he walked.

Newt and Minho took their time eating to get to know each other better. They laughed at each other from time to time, having food smeared all over their mouths. 

The bell rang and they could finally go home.

"Bye Newtie! See ya tomorrow!" 

"Bye Minho!" 

They parted ways, excited for what's to come the next day.

------

Minho was nowhere to be seen when Newt walked in. He started to worry - being the only friend he has. 

"Hey newbie!" Newt turned towards where the voice came from. Infront of him was a slightly taller boy.

"Come sit with us." The boy said. Newt didn't want to sit with him so he ran to the door - but was pushed back by the taller boy. Newt falls on the floor covering his face with his arms waiting for a punch but it never came. He moves his arms away from his face to see the taller boy on the floor and Minho looking down at him. Minho turns to Newt and helps him up, looking for any bruises or scars. 

"Minho, I'm fine. Don't worry." Newt says as he straightened his clothes.

"Sorry it's just that... you're my first friend." Minho says with a light shade of pink on his cheeks.

"You're my first friend too, Min." Minho blushes even more at the sound of his nickname. 

Newt leans in to hug his friend and Minho hugs back. They pull back when Newt sees the taller boy laughing at them for acting so gay. 

"Shut up, Leo." Minho firmly says.

The tall boy, Leo, raises his arm to punch Minho, but before he could hit him, Newt pulls him out through the door. 

"That was close." Newt giggled.

"I really like your accent" Minho poked his cheek making him blush