Chapter IV

I was in the middle of shower when the doorbell rang. I turned off the shower and got the robe to check who is my visitor. It's 6:30 in the morning. Why it's so early coming to another's house? I went down and opened the door. I saw Suri in front of me. It's been two weeks since we saw each other. It's the first home visitation.
"Oh sorry,I'll be right back. Please help yourself." I immediately went upstairs and change my clothes. What a very good morning! Wearing a bathrobe while talking to a counselor.
I wore my white short pants and a black T-shirt. Then I went down again. I saw her life looking at the pictures on the mini table.
"You are bright kid."
"Really?oh thank you!"
"Well,my objective today is to see how far can you be a father to Hero."
"Would you like some drinks?" I asked her. She shook her head.
"No thanks."
"By the way,I'd like to adopt another child. Would it be possible?"
Her face lightened.
"Wow. Knowing that almost people commented you that you are cold and silent person,even you're father did. You love kids now."
"I think I can live with them than women." I said seriously. Her facial expression changed. From bright to dark. Oh oh! Someone is pissed off.
"Are you sure of that? What if in the future,you find a wife and you have two adopted kids,and she doesn't like them? What are you going to do?"
I became silent. Well it will never happen.
"Well,if she doesn't like them,then we have to separate ways."
"Even if you love her?"
"She doesn't love the kids so the same as she never loves me completely."
"Oh,you have point in there. But family is the basic unit in our society what are you going to do if the children will go to school and someone would tease them that they are just adopted and didn't have mother?"
"I'm not sure of that but I'll talk to the parents."
"I know you can be a good father,Mr. Fabrella."
"Really? Oh thank you."
"But you should not forget that they are feelings too they can be hurt so you should know how to handle their emotions."
"Yeah I would remember that."
"By the way can I see the child's room?"
I stood up and showed her the way. Hero's room is next to mine in the second level of our house. Her eyes roamed around.
"You have big house."
"Not so."
"No,this is not a joke. I might get lost."
"Won't you feel sad knowing you can't see Hero anymore?" I asked her. We got inside and the blue paint welcomed us.
"Wow. He's lucky to have you "
"Thanks do you like it?"
"Yeah. You can put his baby picture on this side." She touched the crib. She arranged the small pillow in it.
"I'll miss my baby." She said suddenly. Her tears began to flow down her cheeks.
"Oh I'm crying now. I love him like my real son. I hope you'll do the same." She said.
I nodded my head.
"He's quiet and listens to you though sometimes naughty."
"Seems we can be a match."
"I'm happy for him but a little sad. I've been with him for six months straight. We always stay together every time I don't have work. He sleeps beside me."
"You can visit him here. You are welcome in this house."
"No. It would make the situation worst for me. The moment I saw him again,I would miss him terribly."
"Do you have family?"
"Why are you asking?"
"You really love children."
"I don't have one. My parents live in another island. I sometimes go home during holidays. We only talk on the phone."
"Ahh. But still you have complete family."
"Hmm. That's why I want the kids in the orphanage to have their own and new family which they can build new dreams together with them."
"I want Macky too "
"What?"
"Yeah. Can you help me prepare his papers?"
"Oh..that would be great."
"So it's settled then."
We left the room and went back to the living room. She gathered all the papers.
"I have to go. Thanks for the time, you passed for this test."
I smiled at her.
"Thanks."
"Please come next Thursday for seminar."
"Okay "
"Bye."
I was left alone. I went to my room to check my emails.
Then my phone rang. It's Scott.
"Hello?"
"Dude,guess what? Your uncle has dropped a bombshell today."
"What?"
"Yeah,he said on the news that you are an orphan."
"What? He said that?"
We hide this thing to the public since my father thinks that it is not important. It isn't necessary that the public would know. I am the son of the late Hector Fabrella.
"What do people say?"
"Some are showing sympathy to  you. But most of them don't like you."
"Do I have to be sad Scott?".
" well,as for me,as long as you are living your life right,why do you need to be sad?"
"I guess you are right."
"Let them think like that. How is Hero?"
"Hell be coming next month. I add one more child. He's 7 years old. He doesn't have parents anymore. They died due to vehicular accident."
"Oh."
"Yeah."
"Well,that's interesting. Your house is big so no worries."
"By the way,how's the office?"
"It's fine. It's still intact and Mr. Wilson is still working very hard. We got an email regarding the new proposal of JF construction. Your uncle is still pursuing his design for the complex."
"Well if he can give a thorough explanation why we need to put up his design then maybe we can reconsider."
"I think so too. But I'm afraid he would manipulate some schemes and he will use that to make you the villain."
"I don't care. If it happens,I can withdraw the inheritance and I'll work alone with the hotel. I can make the  hotel boomed by my own skills. "
"I think so too. Let's see how far he can manage the construction firm."
"He's a biological brother of my father. Though the law states that I am entitled to every fortune of  my father because I'm a legitimate child of Hector Fabrella, "
"Well just tell us about your plans. We can back you up if anything happens. "
"Wow,for over 10 years of friendship,I just heard the very sweet words you could ever uttered in that sinful mouth of yours."
Scott laughed.
"By the way,how was your proposal plan?"
"Well,I'm asking for my uncle to give me an hour to do it. Good thing he approved it. I actually will  make the dessert personally."
I laughed sarcastically.
"Go for it. Do you want someone would play a piano for your date?"
"Wow? That's perfect."
"Well I'll make my schedule free on that day."
"Oh,buddy!thank you so much for doing that for free."
"You're most welcome buddy!"