Chapter IX

"Oh, but what is lost ain't gone
No, you can't just let go
'Cause it's a part of you that will make you strong
Embrace your flaws"

-------

"Do you have time Fabrella?" One morning in my office,the brother of my foster father came in and wanted to talk to me.
"Is there anything I can do for you?"
"There is. If you give up the construction company and give me the full control,then I will never think of anything against you."
"What do you mean?"
"You have experienced the first wave that I'm gonna do to you. I just announced who you are in public. "
"But it doesn't give any excuse that I am an orphan ,I don't have the right to have it."
"You're brave to fight me back,Harry. Don't forget,without your father, you can never come to this place. Without him,you could never be proclaimed as young billionaire."
"Well then,it sums up your thought. My father helped me to be here,then that would give me a right not to give the construction company. I still have biggest share in that company. Whether you like it or not."
I released all the fears I felt on the swivel chair. I put my head on the headrest and closed my eyes. This is just a beginning of my story.
He went out already. He has a lot of connection in the country. They were already rich before I came in to their lives. Their parents started the construction company and passed it to my father but since my father adopted me,I have also the right to have it and we obviously be in rivalry. It's difficult to just give up now. The Golden Life Construction Company is just started and we have to secure it before I'll lose everything. I can't even lose it. It is the fruit of my hard labor. I worked it day and night. My two friends were working hard too to complete this company. We still had few clients but positively in the future, clients will just approach us in handy.
"That man gives me a headache."
I massaged my temple. Then my phone beeped.
"Hello,"
"H-harry!"
Suri's voice shook the moment she uttered my name. I stood up and began to find my car key.
"What happened?"
"Macky is lost."
"What?"
"Harry,please help me."
I drove immediately to the orphanage.
"Where are you?" I ran as I got out from the car. I am still holding my phone on my ear. I never hang up even I'm still driving.
I saw her sitting in the sofa.
"What?" I told her. She stood up and her face is full of tears. She hugged me instantly.
"What happened?" I asked her.
"He asked me he will go with Maila to the supermarket but when Maila looked for him,she didn't see him."
"What time did they go to the market?"
She took off her arms from my embrace.
"It's 8 in the morning."
After we had a serious talk with my uncle I think.
"Where's Maila?"
"She's still in the supermarket."
"Okay,don't worry. I'll find him at any cost."
"Thanks."
I dialled Rocky's number. Good thing he immediately picked it up.
"What? I'm still in the office in GLC."
"Okay,I would like to ask a favor. Find a best detective. I'll pay."
"Wohoho...why oh why?"
"Macky's lost. I need to find him. This gonna be Uncle's plan B. He knew that I'm going to adopt him so he targeted Macky."
"Okay,give me an hour."
"Thanks bro."
I put my phone on my pocket.
"I'm going. I need to talk to someone. Might be his plan. Give me an update as soon as Maila comes."
She nodded her head. I put my hand on her shoulder.
"Don't worry too much. Give that to me. I'm going to be his father so it's my problem."
"But I'm his mom here. I can't stop from worrying." She said between her cries. I smiled.
"Fine. You're the mother. As his father,I'll do my best to take care this case."
She looked at me.
"Promise?"
"Yeah,I do "
"Fine. Whatever you say. If you can't find him,I'll never give them to you."
"What?"
"Hmm. That's a word. "
"Okay. Deal."
I left and  made a way to my uncle's office.
"Is my uncle here?" I asked his secretary. She smiled sweetly while talking to me.
You are not beautiful in my eyes.

I tapped my fingers on the table.
"Aren't you going to answer me?"
"I-I'm sorry sir. He's not around. But he'll come back this afternoon."
"Where did he go?"
"He didn't mention anything sir."
I retreated after I heard what she said. I went to my office and tried to contact Rocky.
"What now?" I said.
"We got a report that your uncle is going to an abandoned building Boac. He must have a client in there. Some times your uncle is just really weird. Instead of going to fancy restaurants, he prepared to go to abandoned places."
"Wait?abandoned places? Tell me where it is."
"Yes. Salvatore Building."
I got my car keys again and head to the place he mentioned.
"I'll opened my GPS, if anything happens,please contact the police,bro."
"What are you gonna fight him?"
"It's Macky. Without Macky,I no longer have the chance to get the company."
Rocky sighed.
For almost an hour,I arrived in the abandoned place. It smells awful. Is Macky here?what a pity child to experience this?
"Maila,what are you doing  here?" I was confused when I saw her. She's standing by the door. Her face is different from in the orphanage. She seems to be low profile,kind and silent staff in there but now,she's totally different.
"Why are you here Mr. Fabrella?"
She asked me seriously.
"Suri is thinking you are still in the supermarket looking for Macky. Why are you here?"
"I owned this place"
"Owned?"
"Yeah,long time ago,I lived here. It was very beautiful mansion but due to Fabrella Construction company, it shrinks into the earth and the cause of my parents death." There's no tears from her eyes but instead I  saw hatred and anger.
"I hate the family you came from."
"But why are you here?"
"Nothing I just want to visit this place. I terribly miss my so-called home."
"Go back to the orphanage, Suri is waiting for you."
"Sister Suri?" She laughed.
"Why are you laughing?"
"Did she look for me? All day she just asked me around,I always did errand for her and all,she's just sitting in her office while checking on the papers on her table."
"What are you saying?"
"I hate her. I feel I am full of her bossy and perfectionist attitude. I'm tired."
"What?"
"I won't go back in there."
"What?"
"Why are you here? You don't have any reason to be here. This place is nothing against your beautiful abode. Go back to where you belong."
"Where's Macky?"
"Oh,that boy, he's going to be your son right?"
"I don't know. After I lost him in the market,I immediately come here and hide myself for awhile."
"Are you scared? I can put you in jail because it is you,the reason he got lost."
"What?" Her eyes were filled with confusion,anger and hatred. I can't determine what is it. She walked away and I secretly entered the abandoned building.