Chapter VI

"Where is she?" I began to panic since Hero doesn't have plan to keep from crying. Maila is holding the baby and even me,I don't have any idea how to take care of this situation.
"She went out with her friend. I've already called her. She would be here in a minute."
Then after 12345 years,they stormed inside together with my friends too.
She immediately carried Hero and soon after the baby stopped from crying. I put my hands on my waist.
"Where did you go?" I asked her. Everyone looked at me.
"Excuse me? What did you say?"
"I mean,you have a child why did you leave him under Maila's care. She doesn't know your technique how to take care of him."
"You're gonna be a father in two weeks to Jim. Why didn't you try to take care of this kid? I'm not there in your house,what will you do? You can't just call me and let me go into your house"
"Whatever."
She put the baby on the crib.
"To answer your previous question,I'm in the bar. It is my rest day anyway. Time to be happy but you came here and you messed Hero's world up."
"Mess up? Seriously? When I arrived, he's crying already."
Scott stood up in front of me.
"Stop now. The baby is sleeping. You're  not in a husband and wife play. Don't fight." Scott smiled meaningfully.
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm checking if Macky's paper is ready."
"Not yet sir. "
"Okay. I'm going."
I walked to the door.
"Wait,come to my office,you'll have to sign some documents."
She walked ahead of me. She's wearing a dress and a leather jacket. Her high heeled shoes were open at the ankle.
"Why don't you change your footwear, you gonna fall in a minute." I told her. We got in an office. It was not so messy but almost. She changed her shoes to slippers.
"Here."
She gave the paper.
"I'm going to Korea next week."
"What? You'll have your parental seminar. "
"I can't stop it. It's business."
"It's for the child."
I put the ball pen on the documents.
"Well,I don't have any choice."
She looked at me with disbelief in her eyes.
"Fine,I'm trying to find ways. "
I told her. I took a seat.
"Why's Hero like that?"
She smiled.
"Every time he woke up, he cried too much. I just carried him and held him tightly."
"I think I can't do that."
"Remember I can't go in just easily in your house."
"If my father didn't of me, I might have freedom today."
"Well you can back out "
"And that means I don't have the inheritance."
"Why are you so obsessed with your money? You can make your own?"
"Yeah I know that. I built my own company already but I need my father's company to sustain the company. It gonna fall if I won't."
"Then you start from scratch. Like Bill Gates or any other billionaire."
"Yeah, I can do that. But why should do that when I still have the choice."
"But the choice you are going to make will make your life complicated."
"I obviously know it. I want them wholeheartedly. I never grew up someone beside me except my father. Before I wanted to play with someone like brother and sister but I don't have one. "
" I hope you won't ever regret it in the future "
"I'm trying."
I got up. She followed me to the door. Then we saw Macky outside.
"Hey,Macky."  She called him.
The kid ran away.
"He was just happy to know that he would have family next month."
I smiled. She's lying. That expression in Macky's face is my expression before when my father came to get me in the orphanage.
"He missed you right?" I told her. She unknowingly cried in front of me.
"Macky told me he doesn't want to be apart from me."
I smiled.
"Why?"
"Are you crazy? Of course I'm his mother in here."
She's crying already. She wiped the tears on her cheeks.
"Do I have to adopt you too so that they will come with me?" I said to her.
"Don't worry he'll come with you when the right time comes."
We went out from the office.  I saw my friends talking with her friend.
"Oh there you are. We're going home. " Scott said.
"I'm going too."
I looked at the door where Macky left then I saw him again looking at me. I waved him good bye.
"Macky,come baby." Suri said. The kid ran towards us.
"Everyone I'd like you to meet my handsome son,Macky!" She said.
"This is Doc. Yun, Mr. Scott and Mr. Rocky."
He looked at them one by one.
"Hello,I'm Macky."
I tapped his head.
"Good job kid." I told him. I got down on my knees.
"We're gonna live together with Hero in my house. You surely enjoy there. Do you like pool?"
"Yes I do."
"Then,please come okay?"
"Can I bring Mommy?"
I looked at her.
"Mommy has worked here. She will come sometimes. Right,?" I looked at her. Everyone is half smiling at us.
"This family is going to be an exciting family someday." Rocky said.
"I guess so."
"The kids will bring them together.".
" not funny,Scott."Suri said. Scott laughed as he heard what she said.
"Bye Macky" I motioned to my car. Everyone is leaving except her friend. I left first then the two men followed me. We directly go to my place.
"Suri is just one special girl. Can't you see her in your two eyes?" Rocky said. We went to my pool and opened a gin.
"I'm not seeing anything." I don't know what they mean.
"You are just being blind and ignored what is happening right now."
"She's a woman without any art except those brown hair in braid and those eyeglasses she always wear and the corporate suits in her wardrobe. Can you tell me what are the other things I couldn't see in here?" I took a sip from my gin in the glass. The two made a sarcastic laugh.
"Fine. We won't push anymore. Well let you explore the real world "
"Remind me when you fall in love."
"It won't "I said.
"By the way,you're going to Korea next week right?"
"Yeah,but Suri wanted me to attend the parental seminar. What should I do?"
"Well,you have to choose what is best for you."Rocky said.
"Yeah I think so too."
"I'm going to my  uncle's restaurant. I will prepare something for my proposal."
"Yeah,it's on Sunday right?"
"Hmm. After tomorrow. Please don't forget your promise "
"Wehhh,wehh,what promise you are talking about?" Rocky asked me.
"I'm going to play the piano for him"
"Really? Do you need vocalist?"
"Oh my gosh,this is great of course. It's better to have vocalist.".
" okay call. What song you are going to play?I have to practice right now."
"What do you think it's better."
We both thinking what's the best song.
"I'll leave now."
"Okay. No problem. I'm going later too. "
After Scott left we went inside and went to the piano room. I opened it and started to pluck it.
"Your love?"
"Maybe it's good "
We practice the whole song. He has good voice. He tried to join some singing contest and to name a few he was acclaimed to be the best singer in Marinduque.
"Good."I told him.
He is married too but currently he is going to be divorced because his wife has found another man and they had already a son. His heart is sad I know that and try to think positive for Scott. We still believe destiny for Scott. He can be happy in his life with her.
" why are you crying?"
"I remembered my wife when we got married. I sang this song. I thought it could lead us to forever. Do you think Scott will have the happy ending with this song?"
I froze for a moment.  It's a question that right now I don't know the answer. You cant get the answer you want unless you experience it.
"Of course. We have different story. "
"I hope so."