Chapter XX

For thirty minutes drive,I arrived in Fabrella Construction Company building.  I immediately went to my office and Scott followed me.
"What is it again?"
"They are planning for your marriage. According to them,a good business is a good lover too. You should have a wife."
"Why can't they just work on their own business than minding mine. Where are they?"
"Your uncle as a representative of you clan,made a deal with Samaniego's CEO to retain the share in the company. If they withdraw,our company will lose 20% of the share."
"What should I do then?"
"Marrying her makes you happy?"
"No. I don't know her."
"What? She's our college queen. She has been hitting on you before. But you know,you never know anyone except us,you forget there are other people out there."
"Okay let's do this."
"What?"
"The marriage."
We stood up from our seat and we went to the board meeting. I sat on the swivel chair I usually sit.
"Good morning everybody." I greeted them.
"Looks like you had a good morning Mr. Fabrella."
"Of course I did. I always did. I think everyone is talking about personal affairs right now."
"It's not talking,Mr. Fabrella. We ate concern of you. You're still young and we are anxious our company will be a little shaky in the future due to your lifestyle. We suggest you would have marriage." My uncle said. I smiled.
"Since you're planning about it,can you tell me the details briefly."
"Well then here's our proposals."
One man stood up in front of us and discussed the future aspects.
"Our board had decided to withdraw their shares the moment you disagree to the conditions."
"Wait,are you telling me that there are conditions? "
"Ms. Samaniego will be staying in your house. She will be acting as the mother of your adopted kids."
"Not adopted!my kids!" My blood boils when I heard it.
"Well,I'm sorry! I repeat she will act as their mother."
"Can't be. Does she know about kids?"
"No. It is her training to be a wife and a mother for Fabrella construction company."
"I don't agree with this. Can I have the freedom to choose who am I going to marry?"
"No,sorry,Harry."
"This is horrible. Everyone knows that marrying is not like eating a hot rice,when it is hot you can spit it out. Are you kidding me?"
"Well if you love the company,you will follow what is being required. But if not,you can set the company free."
" When is that damn marriage?"
"Well after your trip in Seoul."
"What??"
Everyone is being jerk right now.  Suri came into my mind.
"Here's the contract."
"What's this?"
"That is prenuptial agreement."
"What?"
"JF construction is for JF construction. No other than that."
"Holy Jesus! Are you kidding me?"
"C'mon Harry, let's finish this. Decide now. Do you want the company and marry her or forget the marriage and set the company free." My uncle is really obnoxious, heinous person I ever known in my own life. He's arrogant and insensitive!
I looked at Scott. We all know the moment I gave up the Fabrella construction, I don't have anymore chance to get a help for our company. The hotel's profit can't suffice the construction company we built together.
"Buddy,whatever it is follow your heart." He said while tapping my shoulder.
"Give me a week this decide. Not now."
I left the board room. I went to my office and drink a lot of water.
" Marriage? This is horrible."
"What will you do then?" Scott said when he entered the office.
"I don't know. They are so determined to wipe me out from the throne. Should I give up?"
"Not today. You told them to give you a week to think about this."
I gathered all the papers and put it in the cabinet. I have to go home.
"I'm going home."
"Okay. I'm going to the site. "
"Okay."
"By the way,how are the kids?"
"They are fine."
"Oh,good,tell them my regards. Maybe I can visit next weekend."
"That would be great."
I got my key and head to the door. Scott followed me.
"We're fine if you decided to give up the company. Don't worry about us,Harry. We can work it out."
"Well,I still have a week. After my trip to Seoul,I can make a good decision."
"Okay."
We went out the building. It's getting hot outside. The scorching sun penetrated my skin under my coat.
"Bye buddy."
"Bye."
I drove off and went home.
I dropped by on a drive thru. I bought chicken and fries.
The moment I parked the car in my garage,Macky is running towards me.
"Daddy!"
"Hello buddy!"
We got inside together. I saw Suri sleeping on the couch. I got a blanket from my room and put it on her. She opened her eyes. She extended her arms to me.
"You're here already." She said in a low voice. I nodded my head. She slowly got up and hugged me.
"Oh,what's this?"
"I got bored this morning,."she said.
" then?"
"Then what?" She pulled off and looked at me. I laughed and hugged her.
"I love you." She said. I closed my eyes.
"Are you really making funny with I Love you's now? Don't say that to me. I can't be with you." I told her. She laughed at my seriousness.
"Don't be sorry. I am just happy to be with you."
"If I'm getting married with another girl,are you still gonna tell me that one?"
"Of course. You made me live again. I died long time ago. I only knew Lee and no one else. My world is all about orphanage."
"Really?"
"Yeah. So,even if you get married with another girl, you'll be the man I'm going to tell I love you."
"Why are you like that?"
"Secret."
"Macky is eating right now."
"What did you bring?"
"Chicken and fries."
"What?and you never told me?"
"Why?"
"That's my favorite honey."
"Get up and let's go to the kitchen."
"Carry me. Please."
I scratched my temple and smirk.
"You're heavy." I said after I picked her up. She smelled fresh and flower blossoms.
"You're handsome. Why don't you have girlfriend?" She asked me.
"I have children already. I don't have anymore time."
I put her beside Macky. The child looked at us.
"Mom,why daddy carried you?"
"He loves me." She said.
"Do you love my mom dad?"
"Just say yes. And it's done." She said to me. I nodded my head.
"Dad?"
"I love your mom."
"Really? Love?"
"Yeah. I do."
She kissed me on my cheeks.
"Thanks,Harry. I love you "
She smiled at me playfully. I looked at her eyes. I can't read it.
"I- I love you." I said.
"Sounds good. Say that more often. Then you'll become happy."