Chapter XXII

I am already on the plane but my mind is still thinking about my uncle's story. I can't imagine I'm living my life with full of lie and pretentious. I thought those are all true.
"Your father Hector Fabrella is a playboy when he was young. Our father threatened him that he won't give the company unless he will change his old ways. There,he met your biological mother in a club. Your mother is not a dancer nor a staff in that club. She is a high school teacher in Cebu. She went there together with her friends. Your mom got pregnant. Your father didn't know that she's bearing with his child. For four years of living with your mom in Cebu might be really hard for her. Your father that time had a misunderstanding with our father. My father told him that he knew your father had a son. And that could be the reason for him to be out from the Company. Out of fear,your father tried to contact her and  find out she's in Cebu. Everyone will be confused if he would go there. He suggested that your mom will come to Marinduque and bring you in Three kings Orphanage. He would made up a story that he adopted a child to show that he is responsible of acquiring the company over me. I was still in university that time. Your mom left you in the gate and never came back right?"
"Yeah,that's the thing I remembered."
"You re his son, Harry. Why can't he made a DNA test before? Because he knew from the start that you're his son."
"What about my mom? Where is he now?"
"She got married and had a son. He became a teacher too. Unfortunately, he died after the fire incident in their school. After your mom left you in the orphanage, she got married to her co-worker."
"Why did you know this?"
" I made my own investigation, Harry. I need to know what is my brother doing."
"Why did he never tell me about this?"
"Because he's afraid you would get angry and point him."
"I'm living my life lonely and alone. But what is the name of my mom?"
"She is Marina Buena."
"Thanks. "
"Well,I hope you can make things right from now on."
"I should."
"You can visit her in Cebu. She might be lonely now since her son died. Her husband died before her son graduated from college."
"Thanks for telling me this.".
" you're welcome. But don't put hatred in your heart. Everything happens for a reason."
"Thanks uncle "
"Wow. Thank you for calling me that one."
"But why you kidnapped Macky before?"
"It's Maila's plan. She got angry with the staff in that orphanage. Maila is the daughter of the late CEO Dimitri Salcedo."
"What?"
"Yeah, she's depressed so she ended up in mental institution."
"But why you worked with her."
"Because you are my target. You are closed with the staff in that orphanage. So I can kill two birds in one stone. I'm sorry Harry. I didn't do anything to the kid. "
"Yeah I know."
"I'm so sorry. I just want the company. I have family to feed so I need it."
"Thanks. I have to go."

I looked outside the window of the plane. The clouds appeared in front of me.
"I'm sorry father." I thought.
The plane landed in NAIA so I have to wait for Scott. He will pick me up around this time.
"Where are you?"
"Oh,I have to drive Suri to the hospital."
"Why?" I got worried.
"Hero has a fever."
"Oh,thank you. I'm going there. I'll have to commute now. Don't leave her."
"Okay buddy."
"It will take five hours right to reach Marinduque."
"Yeah almost."
"How is Hero?"
"The doctors were checking on him"
"Oh c'mon."
"Don't worry,buddy. We got this. Please take care."
"Thanks."
Thought I'm going home,I can still think of Suri. She might be worried now.
My phone rang.
"Hello."
"Harry?"
"Oh,Suri. What happened?"
"Harry,our baby is sick."
She's crying. How I wish I am in her side now to comfort her.
"He'll be fine. Don't cry now okay?"
"Okay."
"Suri,can you tell me your favorite word?"
"What is it?"
"The one that you always told me when you got a sprained."
"What?"
"Did you forget it?"
"Which one? I love you?"
"I love you too,honey."
She became silent. I smiled.
"I love you. You are the best thing that happened in my whole life. "
I said to her.
"Harry,I remembered that sentence. No one told me except Keith." She's crying right now.
"Do you still live Keith?"
"Keith is my first boyfriend. He's really kind and loving boyfriend. Opposite to you."
"Who is Keith?"
"He is Keith Bueno. He's a science teacher."
My heart began to beat very fast.
"I never saw his mom. We often had dates before. He never go out with me. We never kissed either. He is so pure and kind. I feel he never get angry at me. Then one day,a fire broke out in the building. He told me before he left that I am the best thing that happened in his life. After three hours I saw him lying on the ground lifeless. I never imagined he would die like that."
I'm crying now too. He's my brother for Christ's sake.
"Do you happen to know his mom?"
"Yeah. He told me. She's Marina Bueno."
Then my world just crushed into my shoulder. What a very good coincidence.
"She's my mom too."
"Are you saying you are brothers?"
"Half brothers."
"What?"
"I'm the real  son of my late father to her."
"Keith told me that his mom was longing to see his brother. Then I asked him,who? He never told me. And he was referring to you."
"We are bound to each other,Suri. "
"I loved Keith but I love you more now."
"Thank you for loving me. I will do my best to be the best person in your life and to the kids."
"I love you honey."
"I love you too."
I closed my eyes. I feel my life is now in the right place. All I have to do is to find my mother in Cebu. I have to get her and live with me now. She's all alone. I'm sure she is lonely and sad. I missed her. I never had clear memories with her.