Chapter XI

"When are you going back to Cebu?" Lee asked me. It is in the afternoon. I had my free time. She visited me after her work.
"Next week. It's been six months already. My family is looking for me. And coincidentally it's my grandfather's death anniversary."
"What if they are asking about you yo get married."
"Well,I won't."
"But I know your grandmother. She's like you. She can be hard headed too."
I laughed. I drink my coffee before answering.
"Won't you really change your mind?"
"Of what?"
"Marriage?"
I smiled.
"Have you seen your kids in his house?"
I shock my head. I don't want to see them either.
"Why?"
"I missed them terribly."
"Then visit them. Harry is doing great. He made a video of Hero's first take and walk."
"Really?"
"Hmm. Wait I'll show you."
She got her phone and searched the video.
"Here"
I saw Hero walked. Maybe four steps. I cried looking at him. He's doing great with his new father.
"Here's his first word. Harry is furious about this."
"Why?"
She clicked the video.
Mommy!mommy!
My tears were falling down on my cheeks.
He just uttered the word that I really wanted to hear from him.
"You should visit them. It is almost three months you never see them."
I wiped my tears.
"No."
"Why?"
"I would miss them when I can see them."
She laughed.
"I'll tell Harry to see you in here. He's busy now. Their company was chosen to do the construction for the Boac project."
"Oh,they did great."
"So you should treat them with good foods during your day off."
"I don't have the right to see them. "
"What? You took care of them so a big reason for you to see them both."
"I don't know. I have this feeling."
"You should go and see them."
She stood up and got her bag.
"I'm going home. How long would you stay in Cebu?"
"A week or two. I'm not sure."
"Okay. I'll tell them to see you before you go to Cebu."
"Kiss Hero for me and Macky."
"Sure."
I was summoned to go back to Cebu. It's been so long since I came home.
Since it's my grandfather's death anniversary, I will come. I miss Cebu too.
I continued my life in the orphanage. Three months has passed and I barely see the two kids. I'm sure they were doing good in his hands.
Speaking of Maila,she was put in mental hospital. Harry made it sure that she should be there. Maila was once in the mental institution. She was diagnosed to have Schizophrenia disease brought by her parent's death. That time when she went to the supermarket with Macky,her symptoms appeared according to Lee. In addition, Harry told us about her when their paths crossed in Salvatore Building. She thought about it's her old mansion and her parents died due to it's poor construction.
Harry made an investigation regarding her case but until now he keep it.
At this moment I don't have assistant. I worked alone. I did my job all day and night which is good so that I can forget them.
I remember the video of Hero's first word. He really uttered the word mommy and I'm sure it was not me. It was his biological mom.
I went to my room and took a rest. He never sent any message about the children. I feel a little bad. He's inconsiderate.
I closed my eyes and put everything in my jar of memories.

The next day,I woke up with heavy head. My head starts to pound so hard. I put my palm on my forehead then I found out that I'm burning. Oh geez. I'm sick. I went back to bed since my world is turning upside down.
I got a medicine from my bedside table and drink it with the remaining water in my glass.
I usually prepared a glass of water if I could have nightmares at night so I can drink.
Sister Nena entered in my room which is not common.
"Good morning,Suri,I'm sorry to come in without asking permission. You have visitors."
"It's alright sister Nena. I have a fever. Who are my visitors?"
I looked at the door. Sister Nena walked towards me and checked my temperature.
"Jesus Christ!you're burning. You have 39.6 ° . What did you do yesterday?" She asked me.
"I finished the papers for Sheena's adoption. The child is very excited to know that she has family next month."
"Suri,you don't have to work too much. They are here."
"Who?"
"Your kids." She smiled and touched my shoulder gently. She walked to the door. Macky came over and ran towards me. He immediately hugged me while crying to see me. I saw Harry carrying Hero. He is like a real father to him.
"Oh how are my babies." I said. My voice shook.
"Are you okay?" Harry asked me while putting Hero to the bed next to me.
"I have fever."
I said in a low voice. He put his palm on my forehead.
"You're running a fever. You must take some time off."
"Yeah. I finished my paperwork last night."
"You should not work too hard." He said. I turned to Hero.
"Hello,Hero. Mommy is here."
"Mommy" the baby said. I looked at Harry. He was smiling.
"It's great right?"
My tears ran down to my cheeks.
Harry laughed while staring at me.
"You're crying. When he uttered that word I'm angry."he said.
I hugged the baby.
" you might spread your virus to us."
"Yeah,maybe you have colds tomorrow."
"Lee told me you'll be in Cebu next week."
"Yeah. My family sent me a message to be home next week for my grandfather's death anniversary."
"Okay. They will miss you. Macky always cried at night because he missed you."
Macky looked at me. I touched his head..
"You did not make your dad angry,right?"
"Yes Mom. I helped him taking care of Hero."
"Very good baby."
"Hero will always cry every morning "
"Why?"
"I don't know."
"His diaper is wet and he doesn't like it "Harry said. He got up and put a wet cloth on my forehead.
" thank you."
It's Saturday so he doesn't have work in the office.
"Aren't you going to your construction site?"
"Rocky is there. He will call me if something happen."
"What about your uncle? "
"His fine. He's still fighting for the Fabrella Construction."
"Why don't you give it to him? You have the hotel that is going well. You can make a progress in your own company using your ability."
"Thanks for believing in me. But not this time. Our company is not yet stable. We still need the help of Fabrella Construction."
"But you have to give it to him. When will it happen? After three years?"
"I don't know. "
"Don't make any fights with him. You are not alone now. You have kids. He might do something to the children. And I don't want it to happen."
He smiled at me.
"Take a rest now."
"Are you going home?"
"Hero is sleeping next to you. We'll stay here the whole day. "
He told me. He got the towel and dipped it on the cold water again. Then placed it on my forehead again.
"Thank you."
"Stop talking. Rest"
"Okay. "