ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

(A/n: I'm gonna try to end this soon and re-evaluate how I write sobs because after months of procrastinating I came back and I hate it).

Oikawa's POV
  "So... I talked to (Y/n)-chan last night, she said her suspension lasts two days," I told Iwa-chan as we walked to my house together.

  It was very surprising to hear that she got suspended. I also didn't realize she could be so feisty either. It was kind of...cool.
  "I know, I talked to her too," he responded while he looked like he was very deep in thought.
  We continued to walk in silence until we passed the road that led to her house.
  "Shittykawa," Iwa-chan started making me look over at him, "I've been meaning to ask you this ever since you met her....what do you think of (Y/n)?"
  It was quite an interesting question, and of course, I had many positive answers to it. Though I didn't want to sound creepy.
  "...Oh? She's nice, a great friend too," I answered putting it simply.

  Truth be told, I could probably go on and on about how amazing she is. My mom recently told me I always find a way to bring (Y/n) into every conversation we had. It's most likely why she's so eager to meet her.

  "Why do you ask?" I asked out of pure curiosity.
  "Hm...do you think I should-" he paused his walking and stared daggers into the concrete.
  "Do you think I should ask her out? Or would it scare her away? He asked softly.
  My eyes widened and my mouth fell agape. Why did I not realize this sooner?

'The picture he took, the constantly trying to get her to join the team, and the few times I caught him staring...'

"You like her?" I breathed out in disbelief.

~🅚🅨🅞🅤🅣🅐🅝🅘 🅚🅔🅝🅣🅐🅡🅞🅤~

We both stood there in silence for what seemed like forever. Until he ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep sigh.

"Maybe..." he responded, "I don't know.."
He shifted uncomfortably in front of me, I've never seen him this nervous when talking about someone before. It was refreshing, but it also hurt. Why did it hurt?
"If you like her, you should tell her," I said sounding a bit more commanding than I meant to.
I don't know why, but hearing that he liked her made me upset, of course, I didn't let him know that. I want them to be happy...

'But at what cost?' I thought to myself.

"Maybe I will," he said as a small smile formed on his face.
After that, we kept walking to my house and for the rest of that night, we didn't mention that topic again. I was thankful for that. When Iwaizumi left though...
I spent the rest of my night sulking at my ceiling. Wanting to call her but not having the guts to do it after knowing how he felt about her.

This feeling that I felt would pass. It had to. I don't like her like that, she's just a really special friend. Friend? Friend. Yeah, that's what she was, at least that's what I thought.
Staring at my phone was something else I did. But eventually, I turned it off. I just couldn't call her not when I feel like this. If I do, I'll say something I don't mean.

I have no right to feel like this, he was there first and she probably liked him back too. If I said anything right now...I'd just be getting in the way of their happiness, what kind of best friend would I be if I did that?

~🅚🅨🅞🅤🅣🅐🅝🅘 🅚🅔🅝🅣🅐🅡🅞🅤~

Y/n's POV

Ever since I got back to school things have been a little strange. It's not like anyone talked about the fact that I attacked Chinami for too long so I know it's not that their opinions of me that changed.

What changed was the atmosphere around Iwaizumi, Oikawa, and I. Iwaizumi was weirdly hanging around me a lot and Oikawa seemed like he was trying everything in his power to stay away from me. Iwaizumi had completely taken over Oikawa's previous role of constantly being beside me.

Whenever I walked up to Oikawa to start a conversation he'd make excuses and disappear from my line of sight.

"Y/n, wanna hang out this weekend?" Iwaizumi asked.

Before I answered I felt this weird feeling, as though someone was staring into my soul nearby. I glanced somewhere behind the male accidentally locking eyes with Oikawa as I did. He quickly shifted his attention to something else, probably hoping I didn't notice that.

'Odd.'

"Uh....sure where would we go? I asked blocking that weird incident out of my mind.

"I was thinking maybe the movies or even just a normal stroll through a park," he answered as he looked away from me.

"Oh that sounds fun, text me about it tonight okay, I have something I need to do right now!" I shouted as I chased after the direction Oikawa went in.

It was really hard to catch up to him, he'd practically vanished as soon as we tore our gazes away from each other. Eventually, I found myself giving up when I didn't find him and going back to help the other boys clean up.

When the time came for us to leave, Oikawa was nowhere to be found. Iwaizumi rang him up to ask him where he was and to our surprise, he was almost home. He wasn't feeling well so he decided it'd be best to leave. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt that he didn't tell me what's up but I shrugged off that feeling.

"Hey, Hajime...I think I'm gonna take a detour on the way home, I'll talk to you later," I said, turning in a different direction to where he was going.

He didn't get to respond because I rushed away as soon as the words left my lips.

~🅚🅨🅞🅤🅣🅐🅝🅘 🅚🅔🅝🅣🅐🅡🅞🅤~

(A/n: sorry if this chapter was uh messy and inconsistent)