ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

[(s/c) = socks color]

Oikawa's POV

'God I was glad that no one was home yet. I needed as much quiet time as I could get. How pathetic am I? They aren't even together yet and it's killing me.'

There was a news reporter on the television explaining that we'd be getting a lot of rain tonight. I wasn't particularly interested in the news but my parents left it on so I figured I could use it to tune out everything plus I was too lazy to search for the remote.

Just when I thought I started drifting away with the words that left the news reporter's mouth as they came...there was a knock on the front door.

I ignored the fact that the rain was practically pounding against the house and strolled towards the door.

▂▂▂

Y/n's POV

  This has got to be one of the weirdest things I've ever done for someone.

  Here I was standing up outside what I'd like to believe is Oikawa's house in the pouring rain. I've never been to his house before and I relied solely on his Snapchat to get me here. I know it sounds creepy as hell but it was all in good faith.

  I continued knocking on the door, unfazed by the cold water running down my face. Even though they had a porch, it was so breezy that the rain got to me even when I was slightly sheltered.

  The lights were on and I could hear shuffling inside so I knew someone was home. Whoever it was, took their sweet time getting to the door though.

I kept knocking on the door aggressively, if it wasn't raining the neighbors probably would've looked outside already.

"Hello-" I started.

The door swung open to reveal a disheveled brunette with lidded eyes. He looked annoyed, as though answering the door was disturbing him- I'd probably look the same in his situation so I can't judge him.

"What- wait- (Y/n) what are you doing here- it's pouring out there," he questioned as he quickly noticed I was drenched and pulled me inside.

"Actually— I've never brought you here before how'd you get here?" He continued asking.

"Those details aren't important, what's important is whether you're okay or not. Now, are you?" I asked, ignoring the second question he asked me.

"No I'm not okay- I wanna know why you were outside my house in the cold rain pounding on my door, it's not safe being out when it's raining like that and your family is probably worried- heck I'm worried and your standing right in front of me!" He shouted.

"It's just.."

I couldn't tell him I was worried he'd continue lecturing me.

"Y'know what- we'll save this conversation for after you get warmed up, I'll find you something dry to put on." He stated as he exited the room.

The cold feeling that my body had been ignoring, started to settle in me as is slid into a corner and huddled myself for warmth. He was right, this was a bad idea but I still don't regret coming here.

...

"(Y/n), hey get up- I think you have a fever."

I opened my eyes to kneeling in front of me. Honestly the realization that I'd dozed off didn't set in until he pulled me up and handed me the clothes.

  After he showed me the way to the bathroom and I sluggishly got the clothes on, I returned to the living room and huddled into a corner on the couch.