ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Third Person POV

  "I spy with my little eye, something very important."

  "Wait- is that even fair? That has to be your bag or something right?" Oikawa asked, you could hear the fatigue in his voice. It wasn't surprising seeing as you were playing for about an hour now.

  "Nope. It's you," you stated, "You're one of the closest friends I have right now, and I don't like seeing my friends hurt so, come on tell me what's up."

"I'd rather not, I don't wanna mess up your day," he complained, grimacing at the word 'friend' and how loosely you used it.

  "I already know you're upset what could mess up my day more than that," you breathed out starting to get tired yourself.

  He paused for a moment, the decision of whether or not to tell you was killing him.

  "Tired. It's tiring being a captain of a team, I'm just a little tired that's all." He lied. In the end, he decided against telling you how he felt for Iwaizumi's sake.

  "Don't let me keep you up then cap'n," a soft chuckle escaped your lips as you slumped down next to him, "for what it's worth I think you're great at it."

  And with that, you were off in dreamland.

  Even though the room was dim he could see you awkwardly resting on the wall behind you. Gently, he pulled you over so that you could lay comfortably on his shoulder to prevent any injury to your neck.

  Once he was certain you were asleep he put more of the blanket over you to keep you warm.

"Why's it so hard for me to come right out and say I love you?" he whispered before falling asleep too.

▂▂▂

  Eventually, the rain stopped and his parents returned. They found the two of you cuddled up in a corner which his mother found cute. After you both woke up, you formally introduced yourself to his parents and then they offered to drive you home so that your parents didn't have to.

Very soon the day that you and Iwaizumi were supposed to hang out came. The two of you didn't decide what you wanted to do until the night before. In the end, it all came down to a fair that was happening nearby. You decided to dress to fit the fair atmosphere.

"(Y/n)!"

Turning towards the direction in which you heard your voice, you saw Iwaizumi walking up to you dressed a little fancier than usual. You were just about to give him a warm smile... when you saw Oikawa and a girl trailing behind him. He didn't mention anything about Oikawa coming and with a girl at that. Pushing your current feelings aside you walked towards them.

"That's the fanciest shirt I've ever seen you in," you said giggling.

"Do you like it?" He questioned.

"Yeah, it's nice."

"You look great in that outfit."

"Pff- I always look great in any outfit."

Your attention shifted over to the taller brunette who seemed to be paying you no mind. It bothered- no it scared you that he didn't say hi to you like he usually would. Did you do something again? Those thoughts were interrupted by Iwaizumi attempting to intertwine his hands with yours. Quickly you looked for a way to get away from that.