School

When I finally got home that night my parents had fallen asleep on my bed, waiting. I looked at the clock and realized it was half past midnight. I grabbed my phone and saw I had 5 texts from Delilha. I looked through them. The first was sent at 4:02 It said 'Hey.' The next one was sent at 5:06 'Dude. what's wrong?' The rest something similar so I didn't read them. I set an alarm for school the next day and went to go sleep in my parent's bed. I instantly fell asleep. But it wasn't peaceful. In my nightmare I was in complete and total darkness. I could tell I was in my true form. I heard a grunt and looked next to me. I could barely make out a figure. With large white wings. It looked like the creature didn't have legs. And was in a large box. As I strained my eyes to see it better the thing that would have been legs, started to glow. I stared in wonder and awe. "Bioillumination." She says. It was a tail. Delilha was in her true form as well. I tried to return to my human form. "It won't work. We are in some sort magical room that keeps us in our true form. Trust me. I tried." She said. Her tail had started to glow so brightly it lit up the whole room. I looked around and noticed she was in a giant aquarium. It was about the size of an endless swimming pool and made of glass. It was filled with water and she was sitting on the thick edge.

"Do you know where are?"

"Somewhere in Tennessee. We are very far away from the ocean."

"How can you tell?"

She tapped her head and I noticed how terrible she looked. Her whole face was sunken in and she was turning gray. Her usually thin body was even thinner. Her wings hung low and were little less bright white. As I inspected her tail, I noticed scales were missing and weren't as iridescent. "Mermaid GPS."

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine!"

"Don't you dare lie to me."

"No. I am tired, hungry, my water needs a higher salinity level, and they need to take out the chlorine. It's killing me."

"I'm sorry."

"What's sorry gonna do?"

"Nothing."

"Look. If you can come closer I will untie you and you can get in the water." She says.

"Ok." I scoot closer to her and she uses the water to slip the bonds off my hands and feet. I climb out of the chair and into the water. "Oh my God! This water is freezing!" I yell.

"Shhhhh. They'll hear you! I'll heat up the water." She puts her palms gently on the surface of the water and I feel it heat to bath water temperature. I sigh and she climbs out. She plops herself onto the chair and sighs. "Much better."

"How long have you been here?"

"I don't know."

"Who are they?" She starts to say something but the dream begins to slip away. Like someone is forcing it to end. "Wait! Who are they?" I scream. I bolt up in my parent's bed and am confused. "What just happened?" I asked. I look at the clock. I missed my alarm. "Crap!" I say and run to my room right past my worried looking parents. I hurriedly get dressed in jeans, a plain black tee, and my tennis shoes. I hurry into the kitchen and grab a banana. "Dad! Lets go! I'm already late!" He rolls his eyes but drags me out the door and to his Harley. "I am not riding on that death trap." I say.

"It's faster than the car." He shrugs.

"Fine." And I climb on. We zip through traffic, and we are at school in record time. Delilha is waiting for me, Starbuck's drink in hand. She looks happy to see me runs up to me.

"Ok! I have so much to tell you about! And why didn't you text back! I even tried to call you! Oh and I had this hella weird dream and you were in it! And like you were right! My secret admirer is Xander!" Just then age notices my dad. "Oh hi, Mr. Skyshadow."