Oh Crap.

"Delilha wait! It's not what it looked like!" Skye yelled as I ran away from the two of them. I couldn't believe it. I turn my back for two minutes and I catch one of my only friends laying on my boyfriend and kissing him. This is awful. It started raining. I spread my wings wide and took off not even bothering with collecting my backpack or lunch box. I could get them tomorrow. I started crying and flew to the beach. Once their I quickly undressed and dove into the water and thought about my tail. As soon as it formed I swam off as far as I could. I quickly found my little cave. I found it when I was lost at the age of 5. I hid in it and swam to the farthest corner and just cried. I openly sobbed with no one around to know about it.

"Why? I thought I was happy! Why me? I just want to be happy! This was my first boyfriend and my best friend makes out with him! Why me?"I yell loudly. I cried until I ran out of tears. I sniffed and stuck my head out of the little entry hole. When the coast was clear I left. I decided to swim as far as I could go. Eventually, it became very dark. "Where am I?" I asked. I heard a swish behind me and turned. I couldn't see anything. "Oh God help me. I am going to die now." I could sense the presence of a shark. I felt something nip at my tailfin. I was paralyzed by fear. I managed to lay on my back and look up. I watched as the heavy rain collided with the constantly moving surface of the ocean. It was a very nice thing to see right before you die. I smiled as I saw a little rainbow. "Good bye." I whispered as I heard the swish of them circling me. I waited for them to attack but they never did. I looked away from the surface and around me. I could see the tail of a another merperson. But I sensed another mind there. "Huh? What's going on." I ask myself.

"Princess? Is that you?"

"Adam?" I asked remembering my childhood friend from when I would come and visit. He was the tail but who was the other mind?

"Princess Delilha? I haven't seen you since, well I cant remember!"

"Adam! Look at you! You look good!" It was true. He wasn't the chubby, awkward, gangly, ugly, black haired emo kid anymore. He still had the black hair and it gave him a bad boy look. But now he was all muscle and his abs were totally amazing. And his green eyes were incredible. As always.

"I can say the same about you. Look at you. You have really blossomed. You are gorgeous." I blushed remembering all I had on was a bra.

"Thank you." He took my hand and kissed it. "Umm who's with you?"

"Oh. Some girl who says she knows you. Her name is Skye."

"Look. We can talk on the way to the palace. But for now, I need to get away from her."

"Which palace? Yours or mine? You are in my waters now."

"You're king?"

"No. Not yet. I still need a bride." He looked at me hopefully.

"I cant do it today. And my palace if you don't mind. I need to get home."

"Yeah. I was going to ask you what you were doing here when you are living on land."

"Long story."

"We got time. She's not exactly the best swimmer. I mean she's not bad. But she's no Michel Phelps."

"How do you know Michel Phelps?"

"I spent some time on land looking for you. I was going to propose."

"Oh. Well I moved every year so no wonder you never found me."

"Oh. Why?"

"Haven't you heard the stories? Didn't your dad tell you about what a disgrace my mother is and blah blah blah?"