Danny - Busy

y/n's POV:

Working two part-time jobs and continuing to attend community college has been challenging for you. Not to mention having your own bills to pay, and to top things off, balancing a relationship with your charismatic boyfriend Danny.

Danny understood how driven you were to start your own business. He admired your ambition and supported you through every tough moment you both encountered. He truly comprehended how it felt to have a passion for something so worthwhile, being that he had his own interest; becoming a successful YouTube channel with his best friends. He also was beginning to dedicate his time to filming and collaborating with already distinguished YouTubers and TikTokers. You both motivated each other to fulfill exceptional achievements, despite almost never seeing each other frequently.

This relationship did come with many flaws though. Danny was very overprotective and he managed to occupy every second you had virtually or physically when you weren't occupied. Although this didn't bother you in the beginning of your relationship with him, it began to irritate you now. You mentally couldn't process having a relationship at this time in your life. And when you mentioned how you felt to Danny on numerous occasions, he ignored the concept entirely and believed that you were both strong and dedicated enough to pursue each other.

Of course, you knew you had to dedicate affection and time when it came to a relationship. But, you were honestly burned out mentally and physically after all your personal responsibilities to be handling Danny's frequent unnecessary possessiveness and attitude. Regardless, you loved and cared for him and decided to ultimately give it a shot.

Danny 12:38 pm: hey baby, what time should i pick you up?

Tonight, you were supposed to hang out with Danny being that today was the only free day he had from filming with the boys; you promised him you'd be available. However, you completely disregarded it and pushed it far into your subconscious thoughts, being that you had plenty running through your mind already. Still, your manager had called you early this morning and asked if you could fill in a lengthy shift and you accepted it unintentionally to the plans you already had accepted with Danny.

Danny 1:22 pm: wya?

As you dressed yourself for work you viewed his messages and face-palmed yourself. You concluded that the best option was to call him and carefully explain the inconvenience to him.

You dialed his number and awaited his voice. It rang twice before he answered cheerfully, "Hey baby, did you see my text?" He mentioned.

You paced calmly in your bathroom, "Yeah, um...about that, I actually have to go to work tonight. My shift starts at 2 and I'll be out around 12," You lightheartedly justified, hoping he would be forgiving of the whole situation, "I completely forgot about tonight. I'm sorry Danny, I promise I'll make it up to you another day."

You heard him sigh profoundly on the other side of line; he took a deep breath before answering, "y/n, for real? How could you forget when I fucking called you the other night? You said you had the day off," He paused, his tone was heated. You felt terrible, "I mean seriously, do I mean anything to you at all?"

Your heart wrenched at his choice of words, "You know you mean everything to me Danny. I've just been busy with everything that's been going on, that's all."

Danny scoffed, "Bullshit y/n. If I fucking meant anything to you, you would put in the same amount of effort into our relationship like I do. You always find a way to make everything about yourself," He ranted profusely.

"Danny, I can't handle this shit right now. I gotta go," You ended the call, leaving him confused and enraged.

Honestly, you couldn't handle another one of his outbreaks. You both constantly talked about your futures and he knew how much it meant to you. You were determined to save enough money for yourself right now, no matter the circumstances; if you had the opportunity to work, you would work regardless. Danny was stubborn though; he was persistent whenever he wanted to get his point across and you didn't have time for it right now.