Lee Taeyong

By: boyfrvmthemoon

》》》

The bustle of idols was disorienting, the rowdiness of the crowd was adrenaline inducing, and Taeyong was in a state that blended the two, allowing him to brightly smile, but also drift into distraction and merely blink around him at the people that seemed to have an unending source of energy.

It wasn't one of the grandest events of the year, but it was still notably relevant and of importance, so the artists present were of a certain degree. Taeyong found himself glancing around with a concoction of unease and excitement brewing in his stomach, eyes flitting over the heads of his fellow group members to see who he could spot from their section in the audience.

He came to see a number of artists he recognised and looked up to, but it wasn't until a pair of silhouettes rushed past his row that he looked ahead and his breath cut short. The faux red-head instantly recognised the idols that were striding past, and his heart leaped when the very member he'd looked up to for a while, [Y/N] [L/N], took note of him and threw him a quick wave, accompanied by a sly wink.

Taeyong froze, disbelief and awe colouring his features before he hurriedly corrected himself and made sure none of the other members had noticed his reaction; Yuta was giving him inquisitive looks from his peripheral vision but the leader deemed it unimportant at the moment.

What were the odds that an idol he admired walked across him and waved - even winked, unless he was imaginings things in the low lighting - at him? Admittedly, not that little, considering their environment, but still, Taeyong was in a state of brief euphoria.

Their encounters didn't end there, however, because later on into the event a multitude of artists were called on stage for the closing of it, and one way or another, the NCT members found themselves adjacent to where the very group that held a person of interest stood.

Taeyong was happy once he'd been made aware of the fact and continuously peeped over shoulders and behind people as sneakily as he could in the hope of spotting [Y/N] again.

"Are you looking for someone?"

Johnny's question brought the red-head to jolt even if he was already surrounded by loud noises and calls.

"I -"

"Hey,"

Taeyong's head whipped around, Johnny narrowing his eyes for a moment before shrugging the whole thing off and redirecting his attention to Jungwoo who was toying around with Yuta while Mark watched on, laughing.

Taeyong was unaware of them though, wide eyes transfixed on [Y/N] who stood before him with the same charming smile he himself had tried to emulate.

[Y/N] tilted his head at the male's seemingly starstruck silence.

"You're cute."

Again, the younger found himself struggling to breathe, face flushed a luminous cherry shade and his heart thrumming violently in his chest.

All Taeyong managed to do was hum and dip his head in mute gratitude, attempting to blink himself into reality in case he'd actually lost it and this was all the work of his imagination. At his lack of verbal response but bashful reaction, [Y/N] smiled brighter, admiring the view and stepping closer as if the nudge he'd received on his shoulder from a passing idol would excuse him doing so.