|chapter 4|

Gianna-

"W-What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I could ask the same to you for being in Chicago." He replies back to me scooping a spoonful of his frozen yogurt into his mouth. He hasn't changed since I last seen him, physically. Except now he has a lip ring.

"I mean why are you in this shop? How did you know I was here?" I ask him, putting my spoon in my bowl.

"Well, I was going to have your friend Liv drive me to your place but then I remembered that whenever you get upset, you get frozen yogurt. So I came here. Now why are you in Chicago? Don't you live in New York still?"

"You would know if you kept your promise." He winced at my words, putting his spoon into his half eaten bowl.

"Gianna, I'm so sorry." He apologizes, looking into my eyes.

"Of course you are, isn't everyone?" I chuckled sadly. Luke gives me a confused look. "No one ever cares about you until something bad happens or unless they did something wrong, then all you get is a sorry. You go through a fucking hard time and everyone only thinks to say, I'm sorry." I sigh at my own words scooping another bite into my mouth then putting down the spoon again.

"I can explain, Gianna. Please." Luke leans forward in his seat.

"I'm waiting." I say, looking down.

"I wanted to call you. But whenever I actually began to pick up the phone to call you, I would start to feel sad and I couldn't bear it. I had to push you to the back of my mind or I would start to get depressed. Then we started getting really busy and I just never had the time." Luke looks to me.

"You didn't want to feel sad? Luke, so much shit has happened to me and you weren't there. I can't even begin to tell you how depressed I was. I didn't want to leave my room. I didn't want to see anybody. The only people I had to check up on me was my mom and Claire!" I started to tear up. Luke looked guilty and sad, he looked down at his hands.

"Luke, that broke me. Do you understand how sad I am now? I moved here with my mom after my parents divorced a couple years ago. She wanted to move here for a new start and I came with. I can't begin to tell you how broken I am." My voice shook.

"Gianna," he started, "what happened to the girl who wore dresses and skirts every day? What happened to my Princess?" His voice shaking.

"She left the day you did." I look away.

"I'm so sorry, Gianna. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. Baby, please let me fix you. I'll help you. Please, just let me in again. Let the boys in. They've missed you. I've missed you." He had tears in his ocean blue eyes, looking the same as when he left.

"I don't know, Luke." I say uneasily putting my hands on the table, fumbling with them.

"Please, Princess. Let me help you." He insists, putting his own hands onto mine to stop me from playing with them. I look up to him and his eyes were staring into mine.

"Okay." I said, defeated.