|chapter 7|

Gianna-

Luke has been at my house for a few hours now and we've just been rambling on for the whole time. We are both on my bed, he's laying down as I'm sitting cross legged next to him.

"You know, I haven't listened to your latest music yet," I tell him truthfully. His eyes widen and he sits up straight.

"Are you serious?" He asks, shocked.

"It hurt too much. The last song I heard you all sing was Out of My Limit and that was years ago. That was actually one of the only ones I've heard. Any time I've listened to you on the radio, I would start to cry," I shrug my shoulders not meeting his eyes. This is getting sad again.

"I wrote one for you," he says quietly.

I look to him, "really?" I couldn't imagine Luke writing a song about me.

"Yeah, here I have it on my phone." He pulls his phone out with earbuds,  plugs it in, and hands me the earbuds. "It's called Wherever You Are."

I put the earbuds in and the song comes on.

For a while we pretended

That we never had to end it

But we knew we'd have to say goodbye

You were crying at the airport

When they finally closed the plane door

I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

I look over to Luke with a sad look on my face. I can't believe this song.

I could fly a thousand oceans

But there's nothing that compares to

What we had, and so I walk alone

I wish I didn't have to be gone

Maybe you've already moved on

But the truth is I don't want to know

I can't stop looking at Luke. I can't believe he wrote this song for me.

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

You can say we'll be together

Someday

Nothing lasts forever

Nothing stays the same

So why can't I stop feeling this way

Torn in two

And I know I shouldn't tell you

But I just can't stop thinking of you

Wherever you are

You

Wherever you are

Every night I almost call you

Just to say it always will be you

Wherever you are

Once the song finished, my mouth hung open staring at Luke. He kept his eyes on me the whole time. I slowly tug the earbuds out pf my ears and I can't form words.

"Did you like it?" Luke asks nervously. I nod in response. "You know, I wrote that a few months after I left. Every time we perform it, I always think of you being by yourself. And it breaks my heart to think about you being all alone when you needed me there."

I don't know what to say to him. So I just nod again. We sit in silence for a few minutes. Then Luke speaks up again.

"But it's a new start, right?" He asks, hopeful.

"Yeah, a new start." I repeat. Hopefully this doesn't go wrong like last time.

My mom comes home shortly afterwards and sees Luke here. She comes into my room and Luke looks awkward and smiles to her. "Hi Luke," she smiles warmly. I told her about what happened the night before so she understands.

"Hi, how are you?" Luke asks politely.

"I've been better, Luke. It's nice to see you," she nods and walks out of the room. Luke ends up staying for only an hour more and then right before he leaves, he gets a call.

"Hey, one second it's my manager." Luke smiles and picks up his phone. He leaves the room and I'm left fumbling with my hands as I wait for him to come back. "Are you serious?! You said we could get a break! I have to wait another few weeks? Fine, I'll see you tomorrow." He comes back into my room looking rather pissed off. "My manager is making me leave tomorrow to do a few shows before we get a break. But once it's over I'll come right back." He gives me a small kiss on the forehead.

"Okay, I'll walk you out." I smile sadly. I go to the door to walk him out.

"I'll see you soon. I'll text you tomorrow." Luke says kissing my cheek and walks out.