|chapter 9|

Gianna-

Planes aren't my favorite thing in the world. Let's just say, I held on to the arm rests as we took off and landed. Claire is supposed to pick me up and take me to her place to hang out. I haven't been to New York since I left a few weeks ago and I've been missing it. I walk up the terminal entrance and as I'm adjusting my bag strap on my shoulder, I see Claire waiting for me.

"Claire!" I screech, running to her. It's kind of hard to run with a huge bag that hits your leg as you run, but once I made it to her I threw my arms around her tiny body.

"Gigi! I've missed you so much!" She says as she hugs me tight with her thin arms.

"I've missed you more! Come on, let's get you to my place." Claire links her arm with mine, dragging me toward the exit to her car. "How have you been? How's Chicago? Is it really different? Do you have new friends? You better not have replaced me!"

"Cuh-laire, slow down," I laugh.

"Sorry," she giggles. "I've just missed you tons."

"Trust me, I've missed it here," I sigh. We get into her car and drive off to her place. She doesn't live far from the airport, so it doesn't take long to get to her apartment even with all the traffic.

"So the all boys except Luke know you're here. After the show, we're gonna take you backstage to the dressing room and Luke will be in there and he'll be so surprised, not to mention sweaty!" Claire says as we enter her apartment. She shares it with her mom but her mom isn't here for the weekend because of some business trip. It'll be a fun weekend.

"I'm excited," I grin.

"Let's make some lunch," Claire says as we walk into the kitchen. We end up eating something small because of our excitement and we plan on getting ready early. I take a shower in her bathroom while she starts to wave her hair. I finish showering early and came out to find Claire had been blasting some of the boys' songs. I smile and take out her blow dryer and start to dry my hair a bit. As I'm done with that, I just brush it through and start on my makeup. I decide to wear a sheer black flowy tank top and Claire let's me borrow her white knit cardigan. I wear high waisted boyfriend ripped jeans and I pair that with my black tattoo choker and black ankle boots. When I look at Claire, she's wearing a thin maroon sweater and light washed jeans with black vans. Looking at the time, it's almost time to go so we head downstairs to her car.

"Got the tickets?" I ask as we climb into her black Range Rover, which she had been wanting her entire life and Calum bought her for her 18th birthday. Lucky girl.

"Yes, ma'am." Claire says as she starts up the car and we make our way to the venue.

Once we get into the arena, we wait for them to take stage. It wasn't long after we got into our seats and they started to play, opening with 18. The boy's look so happy when they're on stage it makes me smile. They are so lucky that they get to live their dreams and make a living with it. The last song comes on that they sing and when it's over they bow and leave the stage. Claire pulls me with her and leads us back stage. Their bodyguard let us back and Ashton, Calum, and Mikey were waiting for us.

"Babe!" Calum says as he wraps his arms around Claire's waist. "I've missed you so much." In between each word, he kisses her cheeks.

"I've missed you too, Column." Claire giggles and hugs him back, adding in a swift kiss to his lips. I swear, if I told Claire how girly and cute she was acting with Calum, she would punch me in the throat.

"Okay, even though #calaire is cute, let's go surprise Lukey now." Michael says interrupting the cute moment.

"Way to ruin it, Michael." Calum mutters, pulling Claire's arm toward the dressing room.