prologue

"Luke, promise me that you will call me every night while you’re on tour!” I pout as Luke wheels his suitcase behind his bandmates, aka our friends.

“Every night Princess.” He says gripping my hand even tighter. We stop in front of his terminal, everyone is already boarding.

“Bye Gianna!” Ashton hugs me before he leaves.

“Bye Ash, keep Lukey out of trouble for me, will ya?” I smile sadly. Ashton smiles the same way back and gives a small nod, walking toward the terminal. He stops and waits at the doors for his mates.

“Bye Gigi!” Michael gives me a hug and pats my head. “Be a good girl and we’ll be back home before you know it!”

“Woof, okay.” I mock him. He gives me a smirk and walks away.

“Gianna! Take care of yourself!” Calum says, giving me a small hug. “Also take care of my girlfriend.” He smiles sadly. Claire couldn’t come to the airport because she had some things to take care of with her family. She and Calum had given their goodbyes earlier on.

“Claire is in good hands.” I assure him. He joins his friends by the door and waits for Luke to join them. Luke turns to me with his ocean blue eyes shining.

“Luke, don’t cry.” I say as he engulfs me into his arms.

“I’m going to miss you, Princess.” He sighs into my hair, kissing it.

“I’m going to miss you more.” I say into his chest, hugging the life out of him.

“Not possible.” I feel him shaking his head against me.

“Totally possible.” I chuckle at our little saying.

“Luke, I hate to burst this incredibly sad moment, but the plane is going to take off soon.” Ashton butts in. 

“I love you, Gianna.” Luke pulls away looking into my eyes.

“I love you more, Luke,” I say pressing my lips against his. He gives a quick kiss and turns away. When he walks through the doorway, he turns back, gives me a small wave and walks toward his dreams and leaves me behind.