|chapter 3|

Gianna-

Today is the day. Today is the day that I see my old friend's after three years. Three years of them shutting me out. School went by this week too quickly and Liv is over now looking over her outfit choices.

"So I wanna look cute because Ashley said that it was also meet and greet." Liv explained. Wait, what?

"It's meet and greet?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly.

"Yeah! Don't be nervous! They'll probably think you are so pretty!" She has no idea...

I heard a knock on my door. "Gianna?"

"Come in mom," I sigh and she walks in.

"Hi, I'm Gianna's mom. You can call me Maggie." My mom smiles and says to Liv.

"Hi Maggie, I'm Liv." Liv returns a smile.

"Where you gal's going?" My mom asks.

"To the radio station. 5 Seconds of Summer is playing there and my friend gave me tickets." Liv says excitedly. My mom shoots her head to me with her eyes wide open.

"Fun! Gigi can I talk to you?" She asks gesturing outside of my room. I gulp and follow her out of the room. "You're going to see them? Are you sure?" She says in a hushed tone.

"Yeah, I can't back out of it now." I chuckle nervously.

"Hun, you don't have to go if you don't want to or feel uncomfortable," Mom whispers to me.

"It's fine. I'll pretend I've never met them or seen them before. I'll be okay." I assure my mom and walk back to my room, Liv having chosen an outfit consisting of black skinny jeans and her Fall Out Boy band t-shirt with her black high top converse.

"Are you going like that?" She asks me. I look down at my black skinny jeans, my black vans, and my 1975 band shirt. I nod my head and we get ready to leave. Here goes nothing.

Once we arrive at the radio station my heart was pounding. I don't think I can do this. Liv pulled me toward the doors.

"Oh my gosh I can't wait. We get third row!" She squeals and we get to our seats after showing the guards the tickets.

After waiting for what seems like an eternity they finally came on. My three friends that left me behind and boyfriend who broke his promise. They all sat down and smiled at us.

"Hello, we're 5 Seconds of Summer!" Ashton smiles and looks at all of us, sitting on his box.

"We're here to play a few songs and meet you all." Calum grins at us.

"And hopefully we don't suck! What's the first song we're gonna do Lukey?" Michael asks him.

"We're going to perform Amnesia!" Luke looks happy. How could he be happy when he knows he left me behind? My breathing picks up. They sing their how many ever songs they did and stood up. The radio station workers take their instruments and we form a line for pictures.

"Come on, Gianna! Let's get in line!" Liv says happily. Oh my god. The line goes slowly, thank god. But once I see them meeting the girls in front of us, I start to panic. Luke gives her a kiss on the cheek for a picture and I begin to shake. As the other girls leave, we get up to them.

"Gianna, calm down. It's okay." Liv says to me, hopefully they didn't hear.

"What are your guy's names?" Mikey asks, looking at Liv. He started to blush at her, and looked down. When we were friends, I never saw Mikey get all blushy over a girl. Too cute.

"I'm Olivia but you can call me Liv and that's-" I try to cut her off but she goes on, pointing to me. "Gianna."

I immediately freeze, having the boys look at me. Once they make eye contact with me, their eyes widen.

"It's nice to meet you guys! I just started listening to your music a few weeks ago. Liv showed me you guys." I try to lie. But it didn't work.

"No, silly. You said you liked them and I couldn't have showed them to you a few weeks ago! You just moved here from New York!" She smiled. She's completely clueless.

I put my head in my hands about to have a panic attack. I looked up with my tears forming in my eyes.

"Gianna?" Luke looked at me, with guilt and pity and his eyes.

"What do you want?" I squeaked as I was about to walk away.

"Um, I like your new hair color." He says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Fuck you, Hemmings." I said as a tear rolled down my cheeks. I start to walk away, when Liv calls my name.

"Gianna, where are you going?" Liv calls behind me. But instead of waiting for her, I run as fast as I can. I needed to get the hell out of here.

Luke-

"What just happened here?" The girl, Liv asked.

"Well you see, Lukey here and Gianna have a bit of a history." Ashton explains vaguely.

"I need to get out of here. I need to find her." I rush my words.

"Luke, you haven't talked to her in three years. You've only been to this city twice. You won't be able to find her." Calum sighs.

"I need to explain myself! Liv, that's your name right?" I ask her.

"Yeah..." She says uneasily.

"Do you mind if you take me to her place? Or at least to somewhere that she might be right now?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah. I don't know her all that well though, we just met this week." Liv says confused.

"Great!" I follow Liv out the door. Listening to Ashton make up an excuse of why I'm leaving. I follow her into her car and she turns it on quickly.

"When I said I was excited to meet you guys, I didn't realize that we would be chasing after one of my new friends with a member of one of my favorite bands." Liv mumbles, pulling out the lot.

"I see she didn't tell you what happened." I sigh.

"No, she probably wouldn't have come if I hadn't asked her in front of our lunch table." She replies honestly. I nod to her, thinking of where Gianna could be. She wouldn't have gone home now. Whenever she's upset, that's the last place she goes.

"Take me to the nearest frozen yogurt place, please." I remember, Liv nodding her head.

Gianna-

I fill my cup up as much as I could with chocolate cake batter frozen yogurt and pile sweet toppings on it. I put it on the weighing machine and the guy behind the counter rings me up.

"Tough night?" He asks, gesturing to my cup.

"You could say that." I mumble pulling out a 10 dollar bill and handing it to him. He gave the change back and I sat at a table by myself devouring the sweet. Why did I have to go to that stupid radio show? Why was Liv so clueless? Why didn't I tell her to begin with that I couldn't go? As I eat a couple bites I hear the door open but I don't look up. I keep my eyes on the yogurt. I hear the person getting some yogurt and then paying for it. I wait for them to leave but instead, they pull the chair in front of me and sit down. I look up, and see it's my ex boyfriend.