Chapter 13

Song: The Weight by Shawn Mendes

Zack's POV

I looked at my phone to see Chelsea calling.

"Matt, it's Chelsea. I'll be right back." I said quietly.

I pressed the green answer button on my phone.

"Hello? Zack?" Chelsea's voice was shaking.

"Chelsea! What's wrong?"

"Nothing! I thought something was wrong with you. I told you I'd be at Connors. So, I thought you wouldn't call unless something was wrong."

"Ugh. No, I was just worried that Connor would hurt you again. I mean, since you guys are back together."

Chelsea laughed a little. "Zack, I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Okay. Sorry. Well, I have to go."

"Bye!"

I hung up and crawled into Matt's lap. Matt kissed me and held me close to him. We started making out, until someone knocked on the door.

Matt and I jumped up confused. Considering it was eleven at night.
I opened the door and saw Connor and Chelsea.

"What are you guys doing here?" Matt asked.

"Well, we thought maybe we could all just chill together tonight. Watch a movie and drink some coffee." Connor said.

I stared at them confused. "Okay? Come in I guess."

They walked in and sat down on the couch cuddling up on top of each other.

Why does Chelsea like Connor? She's gonna get hurt again. I don't think she even cares.

Connor put in the movie "Scream".

Matt and I have watched it a few times together. To be honest, I laughed a lot.

Connor's POV

Chelsea and I were cuddled up on the couch. I kissed Chelsea and then poked her on the nose making her giggle.

I noticed Zack staring at us. "What?"

"Oh. Nothing. Can I talk to you Connor?"

He asked.

"Yeah, sure."

We walked into one of the bedrooms and sat down on a bed.

"Don't hurt Chelsea again. If you do I swear to god."

"Oh you mean like this?" I punched him straight in the nose, hearing a big crack.

"Here's what happened Zack. You tried to punch me and I used self defense."

I walked out. The last thing I saw before I walked out was blood gushing out of his nose, that was crooked on his face.

Chelsea looked at me worried. "Where's Zack?"

"He tried to hit me, so I punched him as self defense."

Chelsea's POV

I'm so mad at Zack right now!

I stormed into the room to see him all bloody.

"Zack! Is that why you wanted to talk to Connor? To beat him up?"

"No! I told him not to hurt you then he punched me! It's not my fault!" He screamed.

"Bullshit! You tried to punch him, because you don't like him! You think he's a fucking monster! Get out of my life!"

Zack had tears rolling down his eyes. That's when I knew he wasn't lying.

"Zack. I'm so sorry. I thought you were lying." I hugged him tight.

Connor walked in. "What's this? Did you believe him? I don't know what to say."

"It's over Connor. I thought I could trust you again. But, you hit my best friend. No one, I mean no one, gets away with that."

He stormed out making a tear roll down my cheek.

"Chels, it's for the best, believe me."