❤Chapter 13❤

All time low_Jon bellion😍😍

                 *     *     *     *     *
      I had a very busy week since I had to prepare for the debate. I had to find everything I knew about nuclear energy. I surfed the net and read series of textbooks. Most of my break times were spent in the library. I still had to prepare for the civic education project, but with that God forsaken partner of mine, I suspended it till after the debate. The presentation is not until next week anyways.

       It's finally the day of the debate. We were all seated in the large school hall. The students chatted excitedly as we waited for the teachers to arrive. I was a bit nervous, looking at the crowd I'll be facing in few minutes.

   "Suzie!"

  I turned to face Miyah who was seated beside me.

   "Hm... "

   "Are you okay?I've called your name three times."

   "Yeah I'm fine. Just a bit nervous"
My heartbeat was fast but in a steady pace.

    "It's normal. Just calm your nerves."Mide said.

She was also seated beside me since I was sitting between them.

    "Thanks guys."

    "Do you remember your points?"

    "Of course. I practised so many times I bet it's stuck to my brain already."

  We laughed.

    Mide still felt bad about not doing the debate but she didn't show it. There was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't forfeit it just to please her. She just has to get over it.

      I looked at the Ss3 students where they were seated. They didn't look like tough competition. I just hope we do well. The principal came in, followed by other teachers.

    I recited my points in my head over and over as the principal made a short speech, after which they introduced the judges and the timekeeper before calling the participants to the podium.
They started with the Ss3 students.

    "Omotola Abraham!"

  The students applauded very loudly as she mounted the podium and took her seat. I recognized her immediately. She's the school's senior girl.

    "Aina Rhoda"

The applause was mild as she also took her seat beside the senior girl. 

   Even before the last name was called, the students shouted.
   "Aj! Aj! Aj! Aj!"

The students hailed very loudly that I had to cover my ears. Who the hell was Aj.

   "Anthony Jacob!"

The shouts increased as the so called Aj literally bounced to the podium. His nickname must've been derived from his initials. It took a while before the shouts died down. He must be very popular among the students. It was pretty obvious.

    Nervousness kicked in as I heard Eniola's name.

     "Eniola Adams!"

  The Ss2 students hailed her as she walked gracefully to the podium.

     "Adam Jacobs!"

  There was a loud applause as he walked to the podium. This time I joined in the applause.
Silly me😂

     "Aramide Johnson!"

I was surprised at the ovation she received.

   Wait! What?! What the hell is going on?!