❤Chapter 36❤

~Susan~

The days went by peacefully than expected and finally, it was time for exams. It turned out that GHC students took the exams quite seriously. No one was found lurking around. They were either in the library, the laboratory, or the classrooms. The exams were taken so seriously, despite the fact that it was just the first term exams.

Looking back, I realized that I had spent almost three months in GHC. So much drama happened in such a short time. Although, it was worthwhile.

I made friends and haters, i lost friends and haters too. Such was just life.

The term was gradually coming to an end and I was more than glad. I was happy because Christmas was coming. Christmas was the one time in a year I anticipated, apart from my birthday which was just in a few days. I'll be officially sixteen in a few days.

I was usually excited about clocking sixteen. I so much wanted to know what was so special about the age, sixteen. And now that it was just in a few days, I wasn't feeling it anymore. The excitement I had been building up had vanished. As far as I knew then, it was just like every other birthdays. I didn't even plan to have a party. I didn't even tell my friends!.

I gasped unconsciously as the realization hit me. My birthday was in four days and I didn't tell them.

"What's wrong?" Mide said, a worried look on her face.

My expression changed and my lips curved up into a smile.

"Are you sure you're fine?" David said.

Miyah touched my forehead and I swatted her hand away.

"I just wanted to confirm if you're truly okay. We can't say." Miyah said.

"That's how madness starts." David said, while I glared at him.

"Guys, I'm fine. I just remembered that I wanted to tell you something."

"Which is?"

"My birthday is in four days."

Miyah dropped the textbook in her hand and stood up, while Mide and David paused whatever they were doing.

"Are you serious?" Mide said and I nodded.

"And you're just telling us?!" Miyah said, making me wonder why she was taking it personal. It's my birthday after all.

"It skipped my mind."

"Why would you let something like that skip your mind? You're not doing well oh." David said.

"I'm sorry. I don't know how I forgot."

"No problem. At least we know now." Mide said with a light smile.

"Yeah yeah. It's alright. But still...." Miyah said and trailed off.

"So how old will you be?" asked David.

"Sixteen."

Miyah and Mide gasped, then Miyah got up and placed her hand on my shoulders. I stared at her as I watched her be the perfect drama queen she was.

"You're celebrating your sweet sixteen and it skipped your mind?" She said.

I shrugged. "It happens."

"You're not okay."

"I'm pretty sure I am." I replied.

"I mean... It's no big deal. It's just like every other birthday, so I don't see why you're making a fuss over it."

"Point of correction, it is not like every other birthday. It's 'sweet sixteen'."

"And?" I asked, still not getting her point.