❤Chapter 22❤

This story still has  long way to go. I bet it'll have up to sixty chapters.
I'll try to update frequently. I'm not really getting the vibes to write.

Leave your good comments, you never know how many chapters it'll inspire me to type.

Thanks for the 2k reads ❤

Back to the story.....

                   *     *     *     *     *
"Mide...."

Silence.

"I said I'm sorry"

Silence

Mide had been giving me the silent treatment over the little bicker we had at the dinning hall. She claimed I was taking 'the bitch's' side over hers, and it got me asking, were there sides in the first place?  I just had to apologize even though I stilI didn't see anything wrong or offensive in what I said. I only said what needed to be said.

I sighed, trying hard to hold on to the last thread of sanity I had left. I looked at her, sprawled on the three quarter bed, typing away on her phone.
She seemed to be obsessed with the device these past few days, like it was the only thing in the world that mattered. She had pretended that I didn't exist throughout yesterday and to be honest, it was killing me.

I walked over to her and sat down on the bed, beside her. The dipping of the matress caught her attention and she turned to me, raising an eyebrow.

"For how long are you going to ignore me?"

She simply shrugged and went turned her attention back to her phone.

"What did I do?"

She raised her head to look at me, her expression unreadable.
"Are you seriously asking me that?"

Thank goodness, she finally said something.

"I...Did I say anything wrong?"

"Everything you said was wrong. You just made me look like a bad person in front of our seniors"

"I didn't mean to say it like that. I didn't know you'd be offended."I lied. I didn't actually know she'd be offended but I said what I said.

"But why did you defend Eniola like that?"

I shrugged.

"I wasn't exactly defending her. I only voiced out my thoughts.... To be honest, I don't think she's that bad "

"She pushed you, remember?"

"And she came to apologize, which shows she was sorry"

Mide sat up and gazed at me like she was reading my thoughts. She stayed like that for a while and I just stared back confusedly.

"I don't understand you at all. One minute you're like this, the next, you're something else. I don't have the energy to decipher your behavior" she said and slumped back into the bed.

I sighed.
"I really wish I could let you in but some things are better left unsaid"

"But I'm your friend. Don't you trust me?"

"I do trust you but... Just try to understand"

She closed her eyes like she was thinking and then opened it.

"I'm sorry"I said with a pout, giving her the puppy face.

She smiled lightly and looked down at her fingers.