Chapter 3

"She is out of danger but please tell him that she is pregnant and it's best not to stress her." said the doctor

"Boss Miss Martinez is pregnant and not stress her." Said one of the men

"Oh wait what? Carmen how can you hide this from me." Said Lucas as he went close to hold her hand.

"Hey sorry for not telling you but I am hoping that the father would pop the question and when that happens I can finally introduce him to you guys." Said Carmen and smiled. Lucas was shocked but understood. Her smile could light the entire room. Without her knowing the only light to her life would be taken. While Lucas promised himself at that moment that he would defend the unborn with his life. Without him knowing he would be the reason that the light Carmen is grasping to would be distinguished.

The man in Carmen's apartment had seen her cell phone on the floor which he dropped the plastic bag. He went to all the two rooms in her apartment but she was not. He went running to the elevator and pressed the button but he was desperate that he ran the flight of stairs to look for her. As he arrived in the lobby he looked around but did not see her.

"Mr. Kang are you looking for Miss. Cueva, some men took her." Said one of the lobbies receptions.

"Where to?" he asked as the receptions point to the door direction as he saw a bunch of men. Caught a glimpse of Carmen as she was placed in the car. Saw the car door slam as the men all hop into different cars and drove off. He tried to chase after them but got there too late. The cars were not just your average cars. He pulled out his phone to call his secretary to look for where the car was heading.

Back a the hospital. Lucas was sitting on the sofa while typing on his laptop. Even though his head was spinning.

"Lucas, will your parents be mad?" Carmen asked as she placed her hand on her tummy

"No, my mother would be so happy that she would wind up spoiling the kid." He answers as he looked up to see her.

"Your  right about the spoiling the kid." She said giggling

"Have you told your boyfriend?" Asked Lucas

"No." She responded

"We have to tell him. Look what if the guy is just playing you and behind your back, he is getting married. He walks out as your father did to your mom. No, I am not trying to be rude by telling you of what happened to your mom. But I am Just concerned why don't you let him meet me." said Lucas

"Sure I can set up a date," said Carmen

"A pero si me Deja Como Novia de rancho, vestida y alborotada. Meaning if he doesn't come to the date you choose for us to meet then I won't be happy." Said, Lucas as he pointed his finger at her like if he was scolding her.

"He won't I promise." said carmen

"Mass le vale." He said as went back to his work. Carmen wanted to get out of the hospital as she looked at the ceiling.