Chapter 12

*Raymond's p.o.v*

          It's been three months since Caleb and Petra got married. I'm currently on my way to their house. I park my car in their driveway. Vanessa couldn't come since she has a very busy schedule today. I knock on the front door, it takes a second knock for Petra to open the door.

''Raymond!'', she beams and has me in a side hug. I hug her back. Petra steps away from the doorway as my cue to enter. As soon as I step into the living room, I'm greeted by the smell of freshly baked cookies. I walk over to the kitchen and meet Caleb eating a cookie from a plate on the kitchen island.
''Hey''

''Heyy!!'', he jumps and engulfs me in a ''bro hug''. I hug him back and quickly pull away.

''Don't tell me you baked these'', pointing to the cookies on the island.

''Of course I did''

''Woah, you're turning soft man''. He punches me on the shoulder playfully.

Putting my hands up in defeat, ''Hey! I was just joking. They look good but I'll have a sandwich''

''The ham's in the fridge''. Petra walks into the kitchen and gives Caleb a quick kiss.

''Eww, mom... and dad'', I say as I bite my sandwich.

''Ugh what's that scent. I'm gonna throw up''. Petra says as she holds her stomach.

''It's just ham'', I protest. She runs upstairs. A few minutes later, Caleb and I hear her throwing up. This continues for a couple more minutes. Petra walks back downstairs.

''Could you go to store and get a few pregnancy tests?'', she asks Caleb.
Wait, what? Pregancy tests?

Caleb and I share a look before he responds. ''Sure''. Caleb picks up his keys from the living room table and leaves. I hear his car pull away as he drives off. Petra walks into the living room and takes a seat in the love seat.

''Can I ask you something?''

She shrugs. ''Yeah''

''How long has this been going on? You know... you throwing up and stuff''

''Now that you've mentioned it, it's been a couple of weeks. I got the idea I could be pregnant that's why I ask Caleb to go buy some home tests''. I nod and she smiles.

''You want me to call Nessa?''

''Yes please. I can't do this alone''. I half laugh as I dial her number.

''Hey babe''

''Yeah can you come over to Caleb's house? There's an emergency''

''I'm actually on my way. I'm just a block away''

''Alright see you soon''. I hung up and take a seat in the sofa.

About five minutes later, both Caleb and Vanessa simultaneously walk into the house. Petra frantically takes the pregnancy test from Caleb and runs upstairs. Vanessa walks upstairs to check on her. Caleb sits in the couch opposite me.

''Bro, you think she might be?''

''I'm not sure but if yes, then I'd be happier than I've ever been''. I sense a hint of joy in his voice.

''I know. You'd be a great dad''

''And if she is, then there's gonna be a little you running all over the place. Oh no!''

''Fuck you man!''. He throws a cushion in my face.

''Hey!''

''That's what you get for calling me stubborn''

''I never said you're...'', I'm interrupted as the girls walk down the stairs. They look at each other and then glance over us.

''So...''

''We're having a baby!'', Petra screams. Caleb's face lights up as he runs to give her a hug.

''I'm gonna be a father!!'', he exclaims.

''Oh God, there's gonna a little Caleb running around here soon''. I laugh and Petra smiles.
Damn, I'm gonna be an uncle soon.

* * *

Vanessa rings the doorbell as we wait outside Petra's mom's house. The door opens to her mom smiling at us.

''Good afternoon Mrs. Xavier'', Vanessa greets.

''Hi dear. And Raymond, it's good to see you both. Please come in''. We walk in as she shuts the door behind her. Everyone is seated in the living room area for Petra's baby shower. Caleb's helping her open a box. Vanessa and I take our seats. Mrs. Xavier comes for our gift and places it in front of Petra

''Oh hun, it's beautiful. I love it'', Petra reacts to Caleb's gift. It's a necklace with a cloud on it.

''And what did you guys bring us?'', Caleb asks with his judgy face.

''Just open the box'', I whine.

''Well, it's kinda big'', Petra says. Caleb helps her take the wrappings off to reveal a stroller.

''Aw guys, I love you two so much'', Petra says.

''And we love you too'', Vanessa giggles.

Mrs. Xavier brings everyone some drinks and returns with a box. I guess it's time for the gender revealing. We all stand up and walk over to table in front of Petra. Her mother opens the box and blue ballons come out. Everyone cheers for Caleb and Petra.

''It's a boy!'', Caleb yells. I sense the joy and amusement in his voice. Vanessa and I walk over to them and hold them in a group hug. I move my hands on Petra's baby bump.

''Hey there little guy. Welcome to the family''.

I've got a feeling this baby is gonna bring us all joy.

* * *
Petra and Caleb are having a baby boy!
What are your thoughts on that?

Don't forget to share & vote:) ✌🏼