Chapter 23- midsummers

(Izzys mid summers dress)

Midsummers

Generation why

By; Conan Gray

**********

The group of 3 looked over to see two figures get out of a car. JJ quickly pulls John b up and grabs Izzys arm dragging them both behind the building.

"Who are they?" John b whispers.

"I don't know man" JJ shrugs.

"Maybe their just here to fix the electric" Izzy suggest. Both boys look at her like she's stupid and she quickly looks down.

"What are we gonna do?" John b asks. They all they silent until Izzy perks up.

"Booker do you have the keys to the pogue?" She says looking at both boys. John b nods his head yes. "Follow me"

Izzy leads the two into the marsh where the water eventually reaches their chest. Izzy holds her bag with her skateboard over her head as she trudges through the water. Once they reach the boat they climb on as silently as possible and make their way to a cove they had found out about a few years ago.

"We should just dip guys" JJ explains pacing back and fourth once they reached the cove. He explained what happened to him at the police station along with his dad.

"You wanna leave just because you got your ass beat?" John b retorts.

"Hey" Izzy scolds the brunette. "He has a point Booker. I mean there's nothing here for us anyway"

JJ beams at the girl. Although they are still fighting he can't help but love the idea of running away with her. He hates how she has to go home with her mom every night and deal with exactly what he has to. Even if John b doesn't go he can't help but think maybe the two could run away together.

Sure there would be struggles and they would fight but at least they would be safe and have each other. No abusive parents or kooks to bother them. Just the two of them against the world. He wondered if she would even agree.

Spoiler alert: she would.

"So where would you wanna go?" John b asks the blondes.

"Yucatán. We could live off of lobsters"

"I heard they have mangos the size of your head" Izzy adds. JJ points are the girl.