4

I was struggling to keep my eyes open during the NIS assignment meeting. I didn't sleep well the day before or on the flight for that matter. The jet lag wasn't helping my case at all either.

I felt a sharp pinch on my thigh causing me to instantly sit up straight. Jennifer had noticed and saved me from completely dozing off in the middle of the meeting. Thankfully I was sitting towards the back so no one noticed aside from her.

"I would like to thank you all again for coming." The NIS agent began to wrap up the meeting. "As you know it is not common for our country to receive this type of case. We are extremely grateful that your team has accepted our invitation to help us defeat a common enemy."

"And we are thankful to be here." Johnny stood up and bowed.

"There are members of my team waiting as we speak, they will safely take you to where you will each be residing during the duration of the case." With that said, the female agent and other members of the NIS dispersed.

Due to the nature of our mission, four of us would be going undercover while the other three would work within the walls of the NIS. Of course they were also given aliases to go by to protect their identity.

Johnny and I would be going undercover as siblings, which I presume to be his request, meaning both of us would be staying together. After leaving the meeting we were taken to a high end, high rise building.

"This is your new apartment number and door passcode." The agent assigned to us handed me a small folded note while Johnny retrieved our luggage out of the black SUV. "If you need anything at all please call me at my number." He handed me a business card.

"Thank you Agent..." I trailed off as I tried to find his name on the business card.

"Jung, Agent Jung Jaehyun."

"Agent Jung." I repeated and smiled. "Thank you again."

He bowed and headed back to the SUV.

I took my luggage from Johnny, leading him to the apartment that Jaehyun had given me the directions too. We rode the elevator to the 16th floor. After exiting I took a left turn down a long corridor. I walked to the end reading the numbers on the doors along the way. "1623....1625....1627..... and 1629." I stopped at the entrance and opened the lock with the passcode written on the note. "2,2,0,6"

I slipped my shoes off, racing to the giant couch that was set in the middle of the living room. I threw myself on the couch, covering my face with a pillow.

"Finally I can sleep." I let out a sigh of relief.

Johnny laughed as he placed our luggage in the hallway.

"I know we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow but we also need our energy, I'll order something to eat before bed."

"Burger and fries." My voice sounded muffled as it filtered through the pillow.

"Really?" Johnny questioned.

I sat up and nodded my head. "Why? Is there a problem with that?"

"N-No." He shook his head, looking for
some restaurant deliveries in our area. "I just assumed that you'd want something, you know, a little more Korean."

"What can I say." I huffed. "I think I've become too Americanized."

Johnny frowned, worried by my saddened tone of voice.