Chapter 22

I had to talk with Elvis

I had to talk with Elvis. But Ricky kept assuming that I was sneaking around with him. When Elvis was teaching me the song. It was nearly impossible to do this surprise.

It was all Avery's fault for cheating on Ricky. I wished Ricky understood how deeply my love ran for only him. I wanted to put his worries at ease. Elvis and I managed to sneak away backstage one afternoon to sing.

Once we were finished practice, I had to hurry and get back to Ricky. We come swooping around the corner and there was Ricky. Making my heart skip he startled me so much.

He looked furious with me. Finding me there with Elvis. Elvis throws the music notes and hides them so Rick can't see them. And find out what we had been up to. Thankfully Ricky's birthday was in a few days here. Then no more sneaking around would have to happen.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Rick!" I gasp. "You startled me!" I say as I place my hand on my collar bone.

"Why is he with you Willow? Why is Elvis always with you every time I turn around?" he demands to know. "what is really going on here?" he asks. "I know something is going on"

"Something is going on, but I can't tell you" I try to explain.

"What?" he stammers. "What is it?"

"I can't say" I snap.

"Can't or won't?" he snaps back.

"Look Rick you need to cool it man" Elvis tries to step in.

Ricky fumes with anger now. "You stay out if this! This is between Willow and myself" he grumbles.

"Willow tell me what is going on" he demands. I do not like his tone with me.

"I am not Avery. You need to stop treating me like I am Avery" I snap back. "you clearly do not trust me"

He glares at both of us.

♡♪♬♪♡

"I can't believe you won't tell me what you are doing with him" he snaps.

"Because I can't. It is a surprise. And I won't. I do not have to" I snap back with anger.

"You said you would always be honest with me. And here you won't" he argues.

"I should not have to" I tell him.

We glare at one another. He was being so childish.

"Fine. We are done. And you are done on this tour" he declares.

My heart breaks in my chest.

"Ricky you don't mean that" I softly answer.

He nods. "I do mean it. You go back home on the bus tonight. I will pay your fair to go home" he tells me. "We are done with"