But He Never Left

"Bo Crowder threated you," Raylan could feel the anger growing deep inside.

"He basically told me that if I saw Aiden and didn't tell him there could be consequences," Raven said.

"If he so much as lays a hand on you I'll put him down," Raylan's voice was stern and harsh.

Before Raven could Art came into the room to investigate what was going on. The first thing he noticed was the bruising that was still evident on the side of her face and arms. He knew she had to be the girl Raylan had gotten the phone call about. He didn't say anything about it he wanted to get down to business and not deal with small talk.

"Chief Deputy Marshal Art Mullins," he extended a hand towards the woman.

"Raven Pierce," she shook his hand.

"What can we do for you Ms Pierce?" Art sat down across from her.

"I just wanted to talk to Deputy Givens," Raven began to feel a little uncomfortable.

"Can you excuse Raylan and I?" Art asked standing up.

She looked over at Raylan who nodded at her and she nodded at Art. The two left the conference room and moved to Art's office.

"What is she doing here?" Art's voice was stern.

"Bo Crowder threatened her," Raylan felt annoyance kicked in.

"Just because shes your friend doesn't mean you can just go out like some old western Texas ranger and hunt down the bad guys!"

"Art listen."

"No Raylan," Art practically yelled at him, "I wont be having you get in trouble! AUSA is already up your ass!"

"Im not standing for this!" Raylan stood up and grabbed the door handle.

"Raylan you walk out that door and Ill suspend you!"

Raylan turned back to him with a glare. He took his badge and side arm off and set them on Art's desk.

"Then suspend me!"

He turned and walked out of Art's office gesturing to Raven that they were leaving.

"Goddamn it Raylan!" Art yelled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before the two could enter the hotel room, Raven grabbed Raylan's arm. He turned to face her wondering what was up.

"I need to go back to Harlan," she said.

"You cant go back there," he stated, "not with Bo Crowder running the place."

"I just need to grab a few things from the house," she said, "Ill be in and out before anyone knows."

"What if they're watching your place," He questioned, "Let me come with you!"

"No," she stepped back away from him, "If both of us are there it will only attract more attention."

"Fine," he said, "but you call me as soon as you sense any trouble."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She unlocked the house stepping inside like she hadn't been there for eternity. She closed the door locking it behind her. She moved to the bedroom to retrieve some more clothes since it looked like she would be staying with Raylan until things blew over. She walked down the stairs noticing the still evident blood stains on the wall. The memories of that night came flashing back to her. She grabbed the railing as her legs became jello. She fell nauseous and she could barely see straight.