Fighting for my Soul

Raven came too in the corner of a dusty old cabin gagged and tied. She looked around to see herself surrounded by Bo Crowder's goons. She struggled against her binds.

"I'd stop that if I were you," Bo Crowder appeared in the corner of her eye.

she glared at him feeling anger growing inside of her.

"Don't worry Raven," Bo looked out the window, "Your marshal just got here and if he cooperates, you'll be free in no time."

Bo disappeared and Raven tried to scream Raylan's name. It just came out in a muffled mess. One of the thugs hit her upside the head with the but of his gun. She yelped as it knocked her to the side. She felt the stinging pain and blood drip down her face. She sat back up feeling a deep nervousness take over. She wanted to run out and protect Raylan. She heard a door open and looked up to see Boyd Crowder standing in the back doorway. Her eyes got big and Boyd signaled her to be quiet. He moved in and aimed his weapon at the man standing guard over Raven. Boyd whistled and when the man turned around, he shot him. Raven flinched as the man hit the floor next to her. She heard shots from outside and she screamed. She feared the worst for Raylan when the shooting stopped. Boyd walked out the front door leaving Raven tied in the corner. Her eyes darted around the room waiting for any little sound to let her know if Raylan was alright.

The sound of gunfire started up again. She hit the floor hoping to avoid getting shot. Raylan and Boyd both came flying into the cabin for protection. Raven cried out and Raylan rushed to her removing her gag.

"Raylan!" she cried out in relief, "you're alright!"

"I'm fine," said Raylan a hint of relief in his voice, "I'm just relieved you're alright!"

Boyd Crowder stumbled over and sat down next to Raven. She looked over to see he was nursing a bullet wound to the shoulder.

"Boyd!" She cried out not sure why she was concerned.

"Im fine Raven," he said his voice heavy, "Raylan, whos out there?"

"Miami gun thugs I suspect," Raylan answered looking at the window as a black SUV appeared at the main road.

"What do they want?" Asked Raven confused.

"Me," Raylan felt bad letting the word out.

"Raylan!" Raven snapped, "What is going on?"

"I shot one of their guys in Miami and now they want my head," he answered.

"How many do you recon are out there?" Asked Boyd.

"More then one," Raylan said as he watched two people get out of the car, "looks like we've got two in a vehicle and how many more that were shooting at us earlier."

"Is my daddy moving?" asked Boyd flinching from the pain of his wound.

"Let me help you with that," Raven put her own hands over Boyd's applying more pressure.

"No," Raylan answered.

The look on his face could only be described as sorrow and regret. A rustling outside made Raylan adjust his position. He saw someone outside behind a tree. He was under too much cover for Raylan to get a good shot.

"Ok Raven," Raylan turned to her.

"Ya?"

"That window over your right shoulder."

"Ya?" she wondered what he wanted her to do.

"When I say," he looked back out the window to watch the gunman, "use Boyd's gun to fire two shots."