Chapter 9: Friends Are Forever

[jordan]

It's been two days since she was brought in. Cory and Luke got here the night she came and none of us have slept. Austin hasn't let go of her hand since she got here and none of us have changed or showered.

The doctor comes in and asks all of us to come out and speak in the hall. We all get up to leave but Austin won't. No one even tried to get him to leave anymore because we know he won't. He refuses to leave her alone.

"Okay boys, it's been two days since she was brought in a couple nights ago and she should wake up soon. I just want to go over what to do when she goes home. She'll be discharged as soon as she wakes up but she'll need a lot of rest an around the clock supervision and aid. You'll have to put some icy hot on her bruises and as for the broken ribs there's nothing we can do so you'll just have to wait those out." The doctor finishes and then leaves us. We all talk out in the hall way for another half an hour trying to plan what to do.

[Alexa]

I open my eyes to see blinding white lights above me. I sit up and take in my surroundings, a hospital?

Everything that happened with those guys came flooding back and I start to cry. I look down and realize that Austin is here. Sleeping with his head next to me and holding my hand. I bring my other hand out and play with his hair to wake him up and crying.

He stirs and looks up at me, a wave of relief washes over his face and he immediately gets up and hugs me. I only cry harder thinking about that night.

I hear Austin start to cry. He pulls out of the hug and cups my cheeks and wipes my tears off as they fall.

"Oh my god you're okay! You're awake!" He yells.

"GUYS SHES UP" he yells towards the door.

The second he's done yelling , Brendan, grey, ryker, jordan, Cory and Luke all immediately flood into the room.

The room fills with sighs of relief and "are you okay"s jordan is the next one to hug me. "Girl you scared the crap out of me" he scolded.

"Give her a break jordan. She just got r-r- she just got hurt" Ryker shuddered to say the word.

"Yes I did but I'm fine. Well physically that is" I put on a sad smile. Suddenly Austin hugs me again and all of the guys climb in the bed and sit somewhere near me so they can give some part of me a hug.

All of them start to cry, me included "lexa when we saw you all beaten up and nearly naked laying on that alleyway ground i almost fucking lost it. I would have killed whoever did that if they were there." Austin cried into my hand.

"W-wait you all saw me naked?" I shuddered at the thought of these guys who were like my brother seeing me naked.

"No. I covered you up with my jacket before anyone of us saw" grey spoke.

"Oh" was all I could say.

"Hey Alex, the doctor said you can go home as soon as you woke up but there's something I have to tell you..." Cory draws off.

"Okay. Go on," I say

"It's uh, mom and dad. They uhm they didn't come. They said they couldn't leave their work trip and that whatever happened to you this time wasn't as important as the deal they were making" corey looked down in shame.

"So your telling me that there only daughter was raped and they couldn't leave their fucking work trip to be here!" I shouted.

"Yeah" Cory said quietly.

"Austin" I said lowly.

"Yeah" he gulped.

"Where is my phone?"

"Uh here" he handed me my phone I clicked on the green call button next to my mothers name and put it on speaker. I want everyone to hear what loving fucking parents I have.

"Yes Alex?" My mother said rather annoyed.

"Don't you 'yes Alex' me!"

"You better watch your tone young lady. Why are you calling I was in the middle of a meeting."

"Well if you didn't already know I'm in the fucking hospital. Oh but you did know and you didn't see fit to come and help comfort your daughter." I scoffed.

"Well obviously you're fine Alex. Now I need to go bac-"

"NO. IM NOT FINE. UNLESS YOU CALL BEING RAPED REPEATEDLY BY 4 DIFFERENT RANDOM MEN IN AN ALLEY FINE THEN YES MOTHER IM FINE." I yelled.

I hear Austin choke and sob next to me. I guess they didn't know.

"What?"

"Yes mother. But no need to cancel the trip. Obviously you put your work before your children anyways so you know what? You stay in Chicago and make a new business deal with dad or whatever the fuck you're doing and I'll stay here and deal with the fact that I've been raped." I said slowly and lowly.

"Alexa rose Cruz do not catch an attitude with me. If you weren't walking alone at night and always dressing like a slut, then maybe y-" she was cut off my Austin grabbing my phone and taking it off speaker.

"Don't you dare fucking finish that sentence." He said menacingly.

"My name is Austin. I'm one of your daughter's best friends, I'm also one of the people who found your daughter laying in a fucking alley naked after being violated in unspeakable ways. I was the one who sat here for almost two days with her. Never getting up, never changing, never showering, never using the bathroom, and never letting her hand go. I was the firsts one she saw when she woke up. Not you. Did you ever stop and wonder what she's feeling right now? The fact that the person she loves most in the world is blaming her for being violated?.... THATS what I thought. Now I'd suggest you rethink what the fuck you were about it say to her and shove it up your ass because she doesn't need some half assed apology. No, she needs her mother but obviously that's not you so goodbye Mrs. Cruz." And he hung up the phone.

I start to cry and I throw myself towards Austin. He wraps me up in a hug and speaks to the rest of the guys. "Can I have a minute alone with lexa?"

They all nodded and walked out.

Austin turns to me and tightens his grip on me.

"Lexa I think it's time to tell you what happened when I was little." I nod.

He sighs and closes his eyes only to open them and look into mine.

"When I was about 13 I was sleeping in my room, and my aunt came in, in the middle of the night. She told me that if I made a sound that she'd hurt my baby sister Veronica. I couldn't let her hurt her so I did. Then she continued to... violate m-me. A-and when b-Bella didn't s-stop in the janitors closet, it sent me back there. To that night. And then you found me and you helped me. You took care of me and I am so greatfull for you. Lexa I didn't let go of your hand or ever leave your bedside because you didn't leave me when I needed you most. You're like a little sister to me and I'll never let anyone hurt you again. I love you little sis" A single tear lipped out of his eye.

I was already crying so he hugged me again and I managed to choke out an, "I love you too Auti" I'm so glad he's here. He knows what's going on with me. I suddenly don't feel so alone.

- - -