Part 4

Five Nights with Foxy Part 4

"So," Foxy sat down and motioned for Mike to do the same. "You want to know about what went down in the Cove the other night, don't you?" His voice was much more quiet, calm, and shy-sounding than how it had sounded back in the air vents with Jenson.

"I do." Mike answered just as quietly.

"Well..." Foxy sighed melancholically, "I was just reflecting on something that I shouldn't have done. If you want to, I can... explain it for you." He paused and his face went slightly red when Mike spoke.

"Not if it doesn't make you comfortable." Was the man's response.

"Then, if you do want to know..." Foxy continued. "I was thinking back... on the Bite of '87."

Mike gasped. "You knew about that?!"

Foxy sighed and stared at the landscape ahead of him. "'Course I did. Everyone knew about it. Everyone still does. There's no reason to forget it, especially since it was our faults. The question here is how do you remember it?"

Mike wasn't sure how to explain it. "I don't know... When Mangle had me against the wall with those... those claws in my forehead, I saw something like..." He thought for a second. "A vision. That's it. A hidden recollection." He shook his head. "I wonder why I didn't remember it through all these years."

"That's what I want to know, too." Foxy looked Mike in the eye. "I read in one of Bonnie's books that damage to the frontal lobe can affect your memory..." He sighed and looked ahead again. "Maybe that's it. The damage just made you forget it."

"One of her books?" Mike asked.

"Oh yeah. One out of maybe three thousand. Bonnie's a book hoarder, nothing we can really do about that." Foxy smiled. "She especially likes books on guitars and guns. She may seem like a shy, sweet bunny, but when it comes to music her wildness levels are over 9,000." He laughed a little at his own joke.

Mike laughed nervously, too.

"Crap!" Foxy sat straight up. "I just remembered!"

"What?!" Mike became alarmed.

"Two things: what I really dragged you here to tell you about, and Mangle stole my eye patch." He pulled a spare out of his back pocket and put it on. "That's better." He situated it so that it covered his right eye.

"So what did you, quote, 'drag me here to tell me about'?" Mike asked, staring at Foxy's eye patch.

Foxy paused, not knowing how to respond. "Mike, there's something you need to know about this place. You're not safe here. We're not safe. 'We' being us experiments." He stopped for a moment.

"As in, you and Mangle and Bonnie and Chica?" Mike verified.

Foxy was about to say something but stopped himself short. "Yes." He responded, his face struck with a slight shadow of fear and a huge wave of determination. Mike assumed this was because he wanted to get what he had to say off of his chest.

"If it's so dangerous, then why do you bring me here?" Mike didn't get why such a nice person (at least, he had anticipated him to be nice) would drag two innocent people into trouble like whatever he had going on.

Foxy was silent for a while before responding. "I suppose I have to start from the beginning."

"It would most likely be the best." Mike tried to sound helpful. Foxy's mood didn't change.

Foxy let out a sigh and pressed on. "Alright, so you understand that if it wasn't for..." He stopped. "I should be wording this differently. You understand that Mangle, Bonnie, Chica and I are all humans reformed to look like the animatronics, correct?" Mike nodded. "We all have something that you don't. Besides, you know, radically colored hair, animatronic ears, etc., etc, etc." Mike waited for him to go on.