Chapter 43: Will The Dreaded Normal Return At Last?

VIDEO: My eyes burned with this song playing. Its so freaking beautiful! *sniff* Its called "Road To Perdition" by Thomas Newman, I highly recomment you guys and gals listen to it!

Prophecy:

There will be six at the beginning and at the end.

One will be enemy and one will be friend.

A choice be made; heart or mind.

The lover's ears be deaf and eyes be blind.

Misleading will he try to thee.

For much is the Pit God's unease.

For an ancient god will pave.

A looming final path: destroy or save.

Chapter 43:

Nico knew he had gotten too distracted when Tartarus got back to his feet (Sorry guys, you jinxed it!XD). He wasn’t surprised when he was knocked off his feet.

“MWHAHAHAHAHA!” Tartarus cried. “YOU CAN’T STOP M-” His voice stopped working when he suddenly vanished into dust, sent back to his domain the hard way.

“My gods was that idiot annoying!” One of the wind gods huffed. “Honestly, you’d think the ancient gods are crazy enough with their dropping of skies and turning the earth into quicksand!” The wind god made a noise of disapproval. “One of these days they're going to force people to listen to pop music ON PURPOSE!”

“That kinda already happened though.” Rachel pointed out. “Tartarus played Skyfall while he dropped Ouranos so...”

Another wind god gasped. “Oh my!” He fanned himself. “What a dreadful thing! How ever did you survive?”

Ignoring them, Nico and Percy approached each other quietly, Nico’s hands in his pocket and Percy with a pen in his hand. “Ready to go home Ghost Princess?” Percy asked.

Nico sighed. “Not really.” He admitted.

“Oh come on!” Percy slung an arm over Nico’s shoulder. “It’ll be fun! We’ll get to sleep in actual beds and relax for once!”

His eyes said differently.

“You’re right.” Nico replied, looking away. “Everything will go back to normal.” He muttered. “The way it used to be.”

They stood in silence, both thinking about the journey. They watched the others bicker with the wind gods about whether Imagine Dragons were good musicians or not for a while. The tension left their bodies, both comfortable in the silence.

“We’ll still be friends, right?” Percy suddenly asked. He looked at Nico with his piercing sea-green, sending a warm glow of emotions through the younger demigod’s heart. His circulation stuttered and picked up as he stared.

“I…” Nico stopped talking. He was too caught up in the eyes of the one he couldn’t help but love, feeling  wonder and love as those depths ensnared his heart. The younger demigod just looked at him, at a loss for words.

“Hey punks!” Clarisse yelled at them. “Get your butts over here!”

“What is it?” Percy blinked, turning away from Nico to ask, “What’s wrong?” Percy ran over to them, not waiting for Nico in case of an emergency. Shaking himself out of his daze, Nico followed the anxious son of Poseidon over to where the rest of them were standing.