Chapter 6: How to Be a Kelphead

NOTE: Media picture is pretty much one of my FAVORITE lines from the books said by Percy:D

Nico entered the back of the house, the black blade of his sword gleaming ever so slightly in the darkened room. The white curtains were covering the spacious windows, letting in only a few streaks of late afternoon sunlight in.

In the middle of the room there was a throne occupied by a certain redhead. She was dressed in long black robes: the attire of an oracle. Rachel beckoned them forward with an urgent hand.

Nico walked over to her, his hand resting on his sword. He stopped in front of her with a calm expression on his face. In reality, Nico Di Angelo was terrified. But to protect his manliness of course, Nico kept his eyes blank and his limbs relaxed. Taking a swift peek at the mirror on the wall to his right, Nico was satisfied to see he almost looked bored.

To Nico's amusement, Percy wasn't looking so relaxed. Though his hands weren't shaking, his sea-green eyes darted around the room, his grip on the his sword in his belt tight and shoulders stiff with anticipation.

'Ha, and I thought I was the girl of this relationship.' Nico thought smugly, for Percy looked like a rabbit about to bolt. But when his head reviewed over what he had just thought, he realized what he was thinking.

'You idiot, you're NOT in a relationship with him! Stop thinking like that, he has a girlfriend!' Nico scolded himself furiously, shaking his head slightly.

"What about me having a girlfriend?" Percy asked, his confused expression giving that incredibly seaweed brain look on him.

"Oh, uh, nothing!" Nico replied hastily, trying not to stare. He had always thought that Percy looked so adorable when he was confused. It made him want to hug him right there. Nico smirked inwardly and made a note to self to make Percy confused 24-7 when they were on the quest and-

'Ugh, stop it me, stop!' Nico cried in his head.

"Uh, are you ok?" Percy asked. When Nico's face started to burn, Percy added. "I think you're getting a fever again."

"Ahem."

Percy and Nico froze, Percy's hand halfway from touching Nico's stained red cheeks.

"When you two are done acting like a bunch of blabbering geese, call me." Rachel snapped, glaring at them with annoyance clear in her eyes.

Percy and Nico immediately stopped and turned to face her, saying their best "Yes ma'am!"(Nico saying it more sarcastically) and gave her their undivided attention.

Rachel huffed, her arms crossed. "Seriously, you guys need duck-tape," (haha, pun! Get it? A bunch of blabbering geese? Duck-tape?) "whenever you guys open your mouths."

"We do not!" Percy and Nico protested.

"Yes, you do. Now shut it."

Like dogs with their tails between their legs, Nico and Percy looked at the floor.

Rachel gasped, back arching as she felt the oracle takeover. Her eyes started to glow an unnatural green and green smoke billowed from her mouth. "Speak approacher, and ask." it hissed.

Swallowing nervously, Percy asked, "How do we lift up the sky?"

The oracle's eyes flashed and began to say the lines of the prophecy:

There will be six at the beginning and at the end.

One will be enemy and one will be friend.

A choice be made; heart or mind.

The lover's ears be deaf and eyes be blind.

Misleading will he try to thee.

For much is the Pit God's unease.