Chapter 41: Things Start Getting Fishy

Prophecy:

There will be six at the beginning and at the end.

One will be enemy and one will be friend.

A choice be made; heart or mind.

The lover's ears be deaf and eyes be blind.

Misleading will he try to thee.

For much is the Pit God's unease.

For an ancient god will pave.

A looming final path: destroy or save.

Chapter 41:

Percy flew forward with all his might, running side-by-side with Nico as they approached the sky god. “FIGHT YOU PUNKS!!!” Clarisse screamed as drew out her weapon, racing after them with the unending vigor. It was the usual daughter of Ares.

Ouranos narrowed his eyes, smirking away like usual as they darted to the god’s sides, Nico on his left and Percy on his right. He swatted at the son of Poseidon, his cloudy hand turning solid as he landed a blow onto the demigod. His smirk grew as he sensed triumph. The blow had sent Percy flying back into a crumbling pillar. The older demigod was sent rolling away as part of it fell, a large chunk of marble annihilating the spot where he had once been. Percy winced as he tried to get on his feet, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to get up in time to dodge Ouranos’s next blow.

Then Nico came.

Darting in as fast as a cheetah, Nico whirled his blade with a satisfying slash of Stygian iron. He made a cut into the back of Ouranos’s  foot, hoping that the sword’s dark energy from the depths of Tartarus would make a dent in the god’s vapory skin. But alas, for his exemplary efforts, all Nico got was a nice, big, irritating-as-the-gods smirk. Nico decided that smirks were NOT his thing anymore. Except for the rare Perseus Jackson smirks. Those can stay.

“You’ll have to do more than that if you want to ever beat me.” Ouranos chuckled, his hardened hand flying down to swat the son of Hades. Being the fast fighter he was, Nico managed to narrowly miss the giant hand by a hair as the hand smashed the ground like a child.

Then it was time for Tartarus’s move.

“Ha!” Tartarus jumped in, waving around his much longer and slimmer Stygian iron sword dramatically. The pit god got into a fencing position, his cloak wailing with monster’s souls billowing in the slight wind. “You stand no chance with me here!” He yelled with a flourish of his sword to add to the effect. “I am the mighty Tartarus, slayer of-”

He got cut off by Ouranos’s fist squashing him like a bug.

“Well then, where were we.” Ouranos smirked evilly, looking down at Nico. Nico tried not to blanch as the sky god stared down at him, the icy blue depths seeming to seep into his heart with a chill. But then he remembered that the sky god almost killed Percy. Suddenly his cold feet was gone.

“Oh I don’t know, how bout we start at the part when I wipe that f**king smirk off your face.” Nico growled, his father’s fire burning brightly in his black eyes.

Ouranos laughed, the smirk no where near gone. But Nico didn’t miss how his eyes turned from light blue to an angry stormy grey. He clearly did not take well to his retort. “So be it.” The sky god stated with a bone-chilling seriousness in his tone.

Nico didn’t give a single gods-damn Hades that he was probably 100% completely screwed.

Making the first move, Nico attacked the god with all his might.  They fought with vigor, Ouranos and the ghost king studying each other with narrowed eyes, trying to figure each other out. He didn’t care that his sword passed through the god without a single scratch. He didn’t care that he was in serious danger of collapsing on the spot. This son of Hades was not giving up. Circling each other, the sky god started to laugh, seeming to come to a conclusion.