Chapter 29: Singing Brings Memories To The Ghost King

Prophecy:

There will be six at the beginning and at the end.

One will be enemy and one will be friend.

A choice be made; heart or mind.

The lover's ears be deaf and eyes be blind.

Misleading will he try to thee.

For much is the Pit God's unease.

For an ancient god will pave.

A looming final path: destroy or save.

Chapter:

NOTE: Please do not watch video until instructed to. Thanks!

Nico woke to feel pleasantly warm. Heat radiated off whatever he was curled up into, which was a nice feeling. The younger demigod wished he could stay like this forever. Well he did until his heater moved.

With a bolt of fear going through his system, Nico's black eyes opened to see bright sea-green ones looking down at him. Percy grinned. "Morning, Neeks."

Nico's eyes widened when he finally realized that the warm heater happened to be Percy. He scrambled off him as fast as he could, jumping to his feet. But when he did, his head hit the hard ceiling with a thump, making him curse viciously.

"Are you ok?" Percy asked with concern in his voice.

Nico's mind flashed back to the dream and he looked away, not able to face Percy. "Fine."

"Are you sure?" Percy reached out to put his hand against his cheek. "your eyes are red."

Nico slapped Percy's hand away and glared at him. "I said I was fine Percy!"

Then another voice joined the conversation. "Give him space, Percy." Annabeth spoke up. She took his hand in hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, sending a jolt of pain through Nico's heart. It reminded him too much of when Percy squeezed Annabeth's hand at the altar...

'You know it's going to happen someday.' His head told him.

'But maybe they'll break up!' Nico's heart argued.

'Don't be stupid Nico.' The son of Hades’ head snapped at him. 'They're the golden couple. Golden couples are always together forever, just like in the books and movies. Why would this be any different?'

Not talking to anyone, Nico became his usual quiet self and blended into the shadows. Walking in the back of the group, Nico thought about the message Cupid had given him at the end of his dream. The love god's voice had been as clear as the day, ringing in his ears: you know the answer to that, Nico di Angelo. Was Cupid sending him a warning? Was this something that could come to pass?

Nico silently freaked out. What if that was his future?

"Boo!"

The younger demigod yelped and jumped sky-high. Or at least he tried to as his head hit the low cileing. Pain exploded into his skull for a second time, making Nico pissed whoever frightened him.

Laughter exploded from the person who dared to do this . Katie had tears streaming down her face. "You should've seen your face!" She gasped, holding her tummy as she giggled.

Nico glared at her. "You're going to pay for that!" He threatened, rubbing the second lump on his head from that gods-cursed ceiling.

"I'll pass." Katie teased, making Nico wonder if there was a mess up for who her parents are. At this rate, she was more like a daughter of Hermes than anything else.