Chapter 7: Smart Seaweed Brains?

WARNING: This chapter may be a little dark, just want to put that out there.

NOTE: Media picture is TOTALLY Percy:)

Bursting out of the house, Nico marched to the training arena to practice, for his anger wasn't something that was going to defuse so easily. He bumped into people without noticing them, too furious to notice or care. The setting sun cast shadows across the camp, making Nico look more like one as the planet turned orange.

Arriving at the training arena, Nico drew out his sword and walked up to the nearest dummy with determined strides.

Whoosh!

A dummy head fell to the ground, making a sickening plop as it hit the ground.

Nico continued converting the dummies into headless stickmen, not sparing a single one. He slashed and jabbed, letting out all his anger into the brainless dummies. Feeling a rush of pleasure at each cut he made, Nico couldn't get enough. Why? Because they didn't fight back.

He was frustrated with his life, the world, and all the immortal beings that made it their duty to make his life hell. All his life the son of Hades felt helpless to stop the terrible things that happened in his life. He couldn't save his sister, he couldn't save his mother, and he couldn't get over a stupid, annoying son of Poseidon.

Nico tried. He tried to bring his sister back to life, he tried to push down his feelings for Percy (which have sadly only grown), and he's tried to prove himself to his father. Everytime he tries, something bad happens.

Like that quest his father sent him on, for instance. Remember that one, where Persephone had convinced his father to banish him from the underworld until death? Yeah, well, it didn't turn out the way he wanted to. Why?

Because he was sent to steal from a goddess.

And Nico failed so bad he felt that he wouldn't be able to face Hades ever again. And apparently, his father felt the same.

"Nico?"

Snapping out of his trance, Nico turned to see Jason standing in the arena, looking at him with concern.

"What is it, Jason?" Nico snapped. "Can't you see I'm a little busy?"

"No, man, I just wanted to check on you." Jason replied.

Nico felt touched by the son of Jupiter's concern. But he pushed it down, wanting to stay mad. "Okay then." Nico looked at Jason expectantly.

"Well...are you okay?"

Nico rolled his eyes. "Just peachy. Now will you leave?" He gestured his gleaming black sword towards the exit, showing the older demigod that he should leave.

Jason sighed. Walking over to where Nico stood, he placed a hand on Nico's shoulder. "Nico-"

"Don't touch me!" Nico snapped at him, shaking the hand off of him.

"Look, if you keep pushing me away, I won't be able to help you." Jason said with exasperation in his voice.

"Well I don't want you to help." Nico replied with a dangerous tone, giving the clear message to back off. But this was Jason. He doesn't back off until utter defeat.

Yet then Jason did something Nico thought he would never hear the son of Jupiter do: he snorted. "Clearly. Seeing as all the dummies have suddenly turned into minions for the headless horseman."

That statement made Nico laugh coldly. "Seriously? Minions for the headless horseman?"

Jason didn't break a smile. Instead he muttered to himself. "I'm done with this." Surprising Nico yet again, he grabbed the younger demigod around the waist and took off from the ground, flying them to his cabin.