Chapter-8 (Helping Malik)

"So, now we will meet the Bitch on the mountain," said Luis.

"It's Witch", said Scout.

"Whatever", said Luis.

They walked for miles in the path of the wind, and then they saw a road moving in an upward direction.

"I believe this is the way we will make up to that Bitch", Luis said.

"Witch", Scout said.

"Oh yeah, Witch actually", Luis replied.

They followed the path that was leading them to the top of the mountain and suddenly Luis heard something.

"Did you hear that", asked Luis.

"Water, Water, I need some water", someone shouted.

"The noise is coming from that direction", Luis pointed.

They followed the voice in the jungle across the road and they found a small boy who was lying on the ground.

"Water, Water, I need some water", he shouted.

After that, Luis and scout make him stand on his knee and they feed him water with the help of the transcendental stone.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?

where are your parents?", Luis asked.

I am Malik. I am the caretaker of this mountain and forest but unfortunately I lost my transcendental stone that produces the water. I am still searching for it but unfortunatelly; I slipped from the tree and I got faint, but thanks to god you were here or I would erase myself.

Now I think I have to search my stone, or it would be difficult for me. I had dropped it somewhere here.

"The transcendental stone will function if it is not in contact with the human body, but if you have dropped it here, it would be easily noticed.", said Scout.

"Yeah, I am still in confusion because after I came out of the pond....,

wait, a pond, maybe I know Where I dropped it.", said the boy.

Scout and Luis followed the boy to the pond, and they helped him to search the stone.

"The water of the pond has raised than before, maybe it's here somewhere, but every stone has its capacity and once they are up to it, they won't work anymore and then vanish", said the boy.

Luis heard about it, and he was surprised by it.

"What, but the old man never told us about it, did he tell about it to you", Luis asked.

"No", said Scout.

"I found it, thanks to god its working", said Malik.

"They came out from the pond and sat near the tree. I am exhausted, Soon I will eat some fruits from the trees", Malik said.

"All right, so where were you two going", Malik asked

"We are going to the visit the bitch", said Luis.

"It's witch", said Scout.

"Whatever", said Luis.

"Ok, if you are going to there than never forget to carry a lamp with you, it will be uneasy to walk in the night", said Malik.

"Why", asked Luis.

"First thing is you should have to walk a long to get her, so if you didn't quiet walking whole night, you will reach to her by the time of tomorrow.

And the second thing is there are many wild souls that may eat you, and you may be erased, but if you carry a lamp than the fire will scare them and they will not come closer to you", Malik said.

"Don't Worry , we have both light and fire, but all we need is something to put the red stone", said Luis.

"So you have it, The heart of the sun's soul", said Malik.

"Yes, here it is", said Luis said.

He showed him the stone, and Arman was so happy because he told he would have never seen it.

"I have a Lalten, you can take it, But it's in the cave where I live, Come I will show you", said Malik.

{A Laltin is a Lamp that people can easily carry in hand which uses fire as the light and kerosene as a fuel)

They followed Malik to his cave, and it was beautifully decorated.

He let them enter his cave, then Luis and Scout found that he is using a firefly for the light.

"Ahh!!! Firefly", said Luis.

"Yeah, they just eat leaves and nothing and because they won't die, they will stay forever", said Malik.

He gave him the case of Lalten and said to take care of them in the journey.

"Will you come to meet me again after you meet that witch", asked Malik.

"I would, but you know I have to search my mother ASAP!", said Luis.

"So bad, I wish you could saty more here, but I think you should go now", said Malik.

"Ba-Bye", Luis said.

It was quite evening and the darkness will be in their way soon, they moved on.

"Let's go to the bitch", said Luis.

"It's witch", said Malik.

"Whatever", said Luis.

They were just moving on and it was quiet and dark, so Luis put both yellow and red stone in the Lalten.

The light showed them the way and the fire will help them aware of the wild soul.

They travelled a long mile for an hour.

"I will eat both of them,

No, I will."

A strange voices started appearing from the jungle.

But they kept walking.

"Hey you wait," some said in a crispy voice from backside.

***************************