Chapter-10 (How I killed My Mother)

"I am starving, let's eat something Scout", said Luis.

"Alright, let's get some place to assemble", said Scout.

It was likely mid-night, and they sat under an enormous tree and Scout took out some fruits they had gathered.

"I assume we will be out of the food, but it can last for a day.", said Scout.

"Ah!! Can you see those Star, I can feel it, like someone is watching it too from elsewhere.", said Luis.

"Yes, and it's me and I am watching it from here.", said Scout.

Luis chuckled.

"Hey, what's funny now.", said Scout.

"Stupid, I am talking about my Mother.", said Luis.

"But you hadn't mentioned her.", said Scout.

"You have to figure out that by yourself.", said Luis.

They ate some fruits and drank water they gathered with the help of the stone.

"Let's rest here for a moment and we will carry on", Luis said.

"I think it's legitimate.", said Luis.

"What's legitimate.", Scout asked.

"What my villagers told about me, that I let my mother to be killed, but it wasn't me, but it was me", said Luis.

"You are puzzling me, can you elaborate.", said Scout.

Luis thought, Scout really wants to perceive what happened. Then he said everything about his Past.

"When I was 14 years old, my papa left us for another woman with whom he had an affair on my uncle's wedding. My mother was 8 months pregnant but when my dad said he wanted to leave us and never come back, my mother tried to stop him but he pushed my mom and she fell down, because of this a baby in her stomach died but dad, he didn't even turned back. It scared me, what could I do, but dad loves me, he said he would come to meet me every day in the school. But he didn't, I guess that woman didn't allow my dad to do so. We have nothing but my mother said she got some job in the village, I was happy. She said she will be home every 2 days because of the job. She earned sufficient amount of money. I asked her about the job, but she never told me. Instead, she used to change the topic with my school construction. We started a small farm where she purchased some hens and goats from the market. We used to sell egg and earn and my mom used to earn from Job. One day when I was coming back from market, I heard someone talking about the prostitution market in the hotel near our village, but it was illegal. So, I guess if I make it to the police, I would be honored because we want to earn more. I did it and the police caught many women. The punishment to the sex workers was hanging them in the mid-village. Everything went on so swiftly, I even didn't realize. The government declares the date by the tomorrow to hang the sex workers in the mid-village and they called me to be awarded. I thought my mother would be happy when she hears about it by the time of tomorrow. I went home and slept. By the tomorrow, it was a time of the punishment to the illegal sex workers, I went to the mid-village. One officer noticed me, I was late and pushed me to the middle. The officer said in front of everyone how I helped them by capturing the illegal sex workers. Someone was weeping from by backside, I could notice that sound. I knew it was my mom, I thought she had a tear of joy, but as I turned back, she was standing in a chair with 3 to 4 woman in a row. I could clearly see a rope tied in her neck. An officer counted (3, 2, 1....) and they pulled the chair. It was how my mother died in front of my eyes. I shouted and cried that she was my mother. Everyone heard that. They laughed at me, I was alone, I was dead, and I was helpless. They blamed me, how I killed my mother, bullying and torturing. I grew up with that torture and wished if dad was still here but he never came. And I gave up my life after those torture." said Luis.

Scout was silent. He breathes in for a long (AHHH....HAAAA)

"Its better we walk now.", said Scout.

They moved on and Luis saw something twinkling.

"Fireflies.", said Scout.

"Hey, that's what I would say, you rarely talk, I don't know why?", Luis said.

"Shut-up, let's go now." , said Scout.

Then they cross the firefly forest safely, and after they walked for a distance, they heard something.

"Ahh, the tune of the flute.", said Luis.

"Let's go", said scout.

"I am coming, bitch.", said Luis.

"Witch.", said Scout.

"Ah, yes, witch.", said Luis.

And they followed the tune.

*************************