Chapter 3 The Surprise Birthday

Today was Barry's birthday and team flash had a surprise party planned at the West-Allen loft. While the surprise party was being planned and all the decorations and party food were being set out, Iris had taken Barry out for lunch.

"I'm sorry Iris" Barry sighed. Iris looked at Barry with confusion.

"What are you sorry for?" Iris asked.

"This" Barry said, seeing the fact that he was in a wheelchair and that he was wearing track pants, a hoodie and a beanie.

"Barry, you've done nothing wrong. It's not your fault that this is happening to you" Iris said, putting her hand on top of Barry's hand. Barry looked and smiled slightly.

"All I can say at the moment is to just enjoy this moment. As a couple" Iris smiled. Barry leaned over and kissed Iris on the lips. Iris kissed him back.

"I love you" Iris said.

"I love you too" Barry smiled. They kissed again.

After Barry and Iris had finished their food, Iris and Barry left Big Belly Burger and headed back to the apartment. While Iris was driving, her phone went off. Barry looked at it and saw the word "Ready". Barry told Iris what the message was and she just nodded at it.

"What does it mean?" Barry asked.

"You'll see" Iris smiled.

"Ok...." Barry said nervously with a smile.

When they finally arrived at the apartment building, Iris helped Barry out of the car and into the apartment building. They both went up to their apartment and then Iris grabbed the keys from her pocket and opened the door. Iris then walked in and then Barry wheeled himself in and then the whole of team flash, some of the police officers from CCPD and Chief Singh all yelled "SURPRISE!".

Barry smiled in delight when he saw that a surprise party had been planned for him.

"Guys, this is amazing" Barry smiled as he wheeled over to everyone and looked at all the decorations.

"Well, thanks to Harry's weird but wonderful decorating skills and Cecile's cooking, we were able to pull of this amazing party for you" Cisco smiled.

"You really didn't have to" Barry smiled.

"Oh come on Barry. Ever since we all found out that you had cancer, we've been meaning to do something special for you" Cisco said.

"Where's Nora?" Iris asked.

"She's upstairs, having a nap. I checked on her about fifteen minutes ago" Cecile said. Iris nodded. Barry then wheeled over to the couch where he saw a projector that was similar to the one that was used at his bachelor party.

"What's this for?" Barry asked. Cisco looked over at Barry and smiled.

"That's something for later. After we've all dig into our delicious food" Cisco said.

Soon enough, everyone sat down and had some food and some drinks. Once everyone was finished their food and drinks, everyone came over to the couch and Cisco began setting up the projector.

"So, Mr Allen.....are you ready to have your mind blown once again?" Cisco asked in a British accent and with a bit of a smirk. Barry laughed a bit. Cisco then started the projector up and a video of baby Barry in his parents arms came on.

"Aw" Caitlin smiled, looking at baby Barry.

The video then changed to Barry playing out in the garden.

"What you got there my beautiful boy?" Barry's mother's voice asked in the video.

"A flower" Young Barry said, walking over to his mother and handing her the flower.

"You look so cute in these Barry" Ralph smiled.

"Oh shut up" Barry smiled.

Once they had watched the video, they sang happy birthday to Barry and then had some cake. But suddenly, out of the blue, Barry began to feel light-headed.