Chapter 5 Will Things Ever Be Normal?

After two weeks, Barry was eventually brought out of the coma since his vitals had improved a bit.

Iris and Barry entered the apartment and Barry went straight for the couch.

"Babe, you ok?" Iris asked, shutting the door and throwing her keys into the key bowl. Barry didn't speak. Iris walked over and watched as Barry tried to get onto the couch. The wheelchair suddenly slid backwards and Barry fell straight to the floor.

"Barry!" Iris exclaimed, rushing over.

"I'm fine. I don't need help" Barry said, sighing in annoyance. He then put his hands on the seat cushions of the couch and pushed himself up and then sat back on the couch.

"Barry, I know that you're angry right now and I get it-" Iris said before being cut off by Barry.

"You don't get it Iris. Ever since I got diagnosed with this condition, I've been feeling like I'm trapped in a corner with no way of getting out. I'm supposed to be a hero for this city but I can't if I've got this stupid cancer" Barry said, raising his voice a little. Iris was a little taken aback by this.

"Barry. I've seen people die from this. Friends die from this. So don't push me away by saying I don't know anything about this. Barry, you are my husband. You are the man I grew up with, the man I said yes to and the man I married. I'm not willing to forget that" Iris said.

"Well maybe you should" Barry sighed. Iris didn't know what to say. She got up from the couch and stormed upstairs. Suddenly realising what he had just done, he tried to apologise to Iris but she didn't listen.

"Damnit" Barry said quietly, burying his head into his hands.

Iris walked into Nora's nursery and shut the door. She then slid down the back of the door and sobbed.

Nora looked at her mother and then stood up in her crib and held onto the bars.

"Mama" Nora babbled. Iris smiled a bit. She then got up and walked over to Nora's crib.

"Hey Nora" Iris smiled as she picked up Nora and held Nora in her arms.

"Mama" Nora babbled again. Iris wiped the tears from her eyes and then kissed Nora on the forehead.

Downstairs, Barry now lay on the couch asleep. Iris walked down the stairs with Nora and walked over to Barry. When she saw that he was asleep, she grabbed a blanket and covered half of Barry's body with it. She then kissed him on the forehead and then grabbed out an extrapolator from her pocket and pressed it. She looked back at Barry one last time before walking through the breach and arriving in the cortex at Star Labs.